Potential business?

Jun 12, 2019
Illinois
Aight kids, I’ve decided that I’m going to start a horse grooming business. I need a few permits before I start but heres the ad! I made the logo myself, the horseshoe and horses are both royalty-free images. It’s annoying how much the permits are ($160 combined- I *technically* only need one of them for $40 but the other one for $120 prevents me from being sued if something happens to them in my care, especially something thats not my fault) but imma save up to get them because all the money from this will go towards getting a horse in the future.

When I’m older and can get a real job I’ll put that into the same savings account. If I work the maximum amount I can during high school (3hrs a day 6 days a week) at the minimum wage they’re gonna implement before 2024 of $15 I’ll earn 9,936 per year after taxes from that job and I’ll put that all in a savings fund and then assuming I make the same the year after I’ll be going into college with a savings fund for $19,872 + whatever I make from my business for a future horse that I’ll be putting all my spare money into so hopefully by the time I’m 18 my business will be well established, it being around for so long, so hopefully i’ll have some regulars and get $100~200 a month from that, but maybe not. Idk. Probably just all wishful thinking. But if I do get a horse I want a good amount of savings set up that I continue to put as much money as I can spare into, with at least a years worth of vet, farrier, and board expenses just in case I end up unemployed and only getting money from the business.

Any extra money I make through college will also go into that fund, and hopefully (fingers crossed!) by the time I graduate I’ll have at least 30k set aside. That’s enough for 3 years of board, farrier, and vet expenses in addition to an extra 3k to be spent on the horse themselves- a higher budget means I’m more likely to find ‘the one’. Also, when I’m 22, I’ll have 18 years riding and general horse experience and could probably take on a more difficult horse, which widens my horizons as well.

Flyer below. If you saw this, would you hire me?
View attachment 98785

Sorry everything’s such an unorganized mess! Its early and I’m tired lol

newrider.com