present ideas for baby

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Halp! I'm trying to think what to get my nephew for Christmas (he'll be 7 months then), he has way too many clothes so I want to get something a bit more special but I'm not clued up about the baby thing AT ALL and have no clue what to look for. Anyone got any creative ideas?

Photos added for awwwww effect (yes he has a lot of hair and he is the spitting image of my sister when she was a baby!)

24058714_10155165502472666_2610176180387692674_n.jpg 24068264_10155165502642666_8366406592580984683_n.jpg

Not really creative but Baby's first and whatever that is.
Tooth, curl, Christmas even.

He is really cute.
Have a look on ‘Not on the High Strret’ i Saw a lovely wooden train with the letters on the carriages spelling out his name - only decorative so for the nursery., or how about a money box?
Or one of the really soft fleece baby towels with a hood for when he gets out of the bath, or a mini dressing gown.
I love shopping for gifts for other people’s babies!

What a cutie!! I don't do babies either but what about a personal Christmas bauble/decoration..............my trees full of sentimental gifts regardless of wether they go together or not its nostalgic and they all mean a lot to me

When do babies start walking? :oops:

We sell a little push along toy at work with a duck or lion on the bottom with bits that move when they push it along, it's a huge hit with little toddlers that have just started toddling!

When do babies start walking? :oops:

This is exactly me, I have no idea about any of this stuff :oops: Apparently anything from around 9 months onwards. He has just about mastered sitting up so I don't know how long it will be til the next milestone lol!

Reactions: MrA
At that age I'd tend to go for keepsakes, they get spoiled rotten with toys and clothes anyway which they won't remember but a keepsake will be treasured in years to come, either by him or his parents :)

Reactions: joosie
A present at 7 months needs to take into account that he is beginning to play. I was reproved for not giving my 6 moth old enough play things. Her favourites are still around today - like a set of coloured rings of increasing size that slip over a central cone to make a tower.
You can get little toy trains with different blocks to fit in as chimneys and cargo and different textures for the child to feel.
7 month is old enough for cardboard books - a good beginning for literacy. You could choose farm animals or zoo animals.
My youngest grandchild is now 9 and we bought a computer game he wanted. You have the very best age to shop for.
Plain cube wooden building bricks - children get dexterity by building towers and knocking them down.
Or plan ahead and get a circle of brio railway track and a train - you can add to that over the years. Tho I am not sure what the minimum age is for that.
I will see if i can find some links.
Lucky you.

If you go to John Lewis web site you will find baby activity toys. John Lewis stackiing rings at £15 was what I had in mind. Not sure how to get a link to the whole entry.

https://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/231202157?$prod_grid3$

If you are feeling richer the wooden baby walker with bricks but it was the bricks our children played with. if you scroll down there are bricks on their own. Buy wooden ones that balance, not soft ones.

Discovery tube where you post shapes is good but usually needs adult encouragement.

Or go to Hamley's site and under wooden and traditional you will see a hammering toy. Not all children like hammering.

Hope this is helpful

At that age I'd tend to go for keepsakes, they get spoiled rotten with toys and clothes anyway which they won't remember but a keepsake will be treasured in years to come, either by him or his parents :)

Yes this was what I was thinking. I'm not sure what though! Will have to get my thinking cap on.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com