Presents for Dad

shockblue

Oct 8, 2009
Derbyshire
www.ponytailsjewellery.co.uk
Who else has trouble buying for their fathers?

My mum is so easy I bought her a spider necklace which she'll love as its different, really pretty and handmade. I love to buy unique gifts and I'm making the majority this year.

I'm always at a loss for what to buy my Dad. He likes: Golf, whisky, horse racing, ale, reading, gardening, cricket, running, biking, swimming and walking.

He has all the gear for all the sports and gardening, he has a garage full of whisky, he often goes away for weekends at the races, maps on all the walks, and has all the gardening books in the world.

I was thinking of a book as I know he likes history/mystery books like Sherlock Holmes.

There is an excellent series of murder mysteries set in Tudor England. I have just read "Dissolution", the first in the series. C J Sansom is the author & Amazon sell them. Have read the 3rd as well because my brother lent them to me in the wrong order!

I got my dad a 12 month sunscription to a magazine called "Grow Your own.."

It's a gradening mag but not hard going, more of a month to month sort of thing, for small gardens or huge gardens.

You could get a mixed case of ales from a small brewery ... the one that comes to mind is Fyne Ales up on the Loch Fyne, my fella ordered from their website and loved all the different ales to try.

I've done mag supscriptions before but my fav idea is to think of days out and treat him to that.

I personally find that most of my family have all the material things they could ever want so I'm a big fan of organising days out/shows etc instead.

newrider.com