F

FlyingxFeathers

How much would you pay for.....

Welsh pony (susp section A)
11.1hh
Grey
6 yo
Been broken in but turned away for 2 years

and then how much would you pay once said pony had been brought back into work, and was capable of both LR and 1st/2nd ridden, will pop over the odd jump and is a sensible hack?

Thankyou! x

When you say it's "capable" of LR, 1st/2nd -- do you mean it's actually been used for all three successfully? That ability is pretty much like gold dust & people will pay accordingly.

It is registered/part-registered? Showy?

Depending on all the above, could be anything between £500 and £thousands ...

When you say it's "capable" of LR, 1st/2nd -- do you mean it's actually been used for all three successfully? That ability is pretty much like gold dust & people will pay accordingly.

It is registered/part-registered? Showy?

Depending on all the above, could be anything between £500 and £thousands ...

The latter part of my question is what said pony will hopefully turn out to be....good for LR kids, but with enough character to go on to be a 2nd, possibly 1st pony.
Not registered no, doesn't have papers, but he could be of showing material, has a lovely face and once a bit of weight is off him and his feet tended to, nice conformation :)

The fact that he's not registered will affect the price as you will be excluded from many of the 'native' pony classes and unless he's a showy 'type' he may not do well against other LR / FR ponies in unregistered / general classes.

It all depends on character, conformation, so assuming he has a good biddable nature and good conformation, I would probably expect to pay arpund £400 for him as he is, and if he turns into a nice LR/FR pony then probably no more than £800 (if he was registered you could probably expect to pay at least twice that).

now £150 if you can find a buyer

when re-backed and ridden away with proven competition record (as LR, FR and a few jumping rounds) 100% perfect to hack out (traffic, puddles, spooky stuff) upto £600-800.

have you got a picture?

NB I have just seen a registered 10.2hh section A advertised which is 5yo and backed for £395...

Ouch! I suppose it being winter doesn't help, I'd be selling in Spring, if I could bear it!
I've basically been offered this little chap for £100, and I've accepted. He's overweight and his feet urgently need doing, and he's waaay too small for me long term. My plan is to bring him back into work, hacking out, local shows, popping over a few poles (not with me mind, too heavy! :eek:) and then sell him on. The owners are only selling him as they can't afford to keep him anymore, he was merely a pet to them so he hasn't been ridden for a while. I've decided to get him to save him and thier owners being fleeced by dealers, plus I'm rather taken with him!

We know a few similar that have changed hands recently

Last one was 1,5k but is registered, good breeding, has a fab showing history (many good wins) and a proven excellent track record for jumping - she's a real school mistress

Is doing LR at the mo, but did FR with her last owner

She was considered expensive but can do a 2 foot course and win, but can do the 1 foot LR and win too - and keep her jockey on board

Most unreg, super super safe ponies, with a track record in showing or jumping plus PC and/or RC experience go for around 1k, more if they are really talented, otherwise, its about £500 - 750

A few that have been broken and turned away have changed hands, and were around the £250 mark

Tbh I think horses will be worth less this spring than ever before. That's why I was asking about experience & registrations. Already horses with good experience/provem show record & excellent papers have cheaper than in many many years ...

newrider.com