Price idea

Yummymummy

Aug 7, 2007
My house
I am selling my 16.2hh shire x cob mare, schoolmistress type, she is 19 years young and in great condition. She is a grey (blue and white underneath).

Just wondered what price I should be looking for for her, she is absolutley bombproof in every way and is sound and works well in every way.

I have looked on various websites and most horses of her calibre are going for over £1000, someone was saying that £500 is more reasonable.

What do you think??

I have told a lady who is interested £1000 with all her tack and rugs etc. she said half:confused:

Just thought that was a bit low:confused:

DSC03761.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats her looking gorgeous, she has just been wet down after a hack to the beach so you can really see her colours. She is a babe.

yea i would say 1000 at least as she is safe and bombproof! even though she is 19 people may be interested in having a quite confidence giving weight carrier! :)

shes gorgeous by the way:D how do you keep her soo clean!!!:p

Gosh I would imagine £1000 is a really good price esp including tack and rugs.
My old horse was at 19 still doing everything as well as he ever had, Its not that old

Could you not ask the person who offered £500 if they'd go up to say £750 which is meeting halfway? As long as you're happy with that... their obviously up for haggling so don't be afraid to do the same back :) As long as you like the person and think they'll give your gorgeous mare a good home?

I'm not looking this year unfortunately but I have been looking at lots and lots of adverts and from the description you have given I'd have guessed a price tag of at least £1500 because there are few bombproof horse ads that I've seen and for someone like me that would be a major consideration and I'd happily pay a bit more for that and her experience

people pay for safety so id stick to 1500 especially with tack or even put her on a web site stating reasonable offers accepted and let the bidding begin. I sold my 15yr old safe but unschooled mare for 2500 and they didnt even ask about tack i jst handed it over when they came 4her. She is gorgeous and id b insulted by a 500 offer. x

Thankyou for your replies.

She is 100% in every way, my friesian runs up her bum, barges her around, we live near the beach, we go over all terrain, sand, gravel, she will swim with you bareback in the sea!! she is barefoot and is happy that way, she can do it all, she has won HOYS at dressage and cross country in Guernsey (where we live)

She is gorgeous and willing and doesnt have a nasty bone in her body, she was bout at 6 years old for £4,500 which was a lot of money in those days!! as a top cob.

I dont know why I am telling you all this!! we import most of our horses so we think nothing of jumping on a plane to go see one!! thats what I did with Mac my friesian last year, but I think the distance might put some people off.

I have to say, I think £1000 is reasonable as who knows if a vetting would show any problems?? she is 19 but has not been lame since I have had her 18 months ago.

She will be worth her weight in gold to many people - stick to your guns. I'd definitely say £1500 (after all, how many bombproof, stunning horses are ther around?!)

Good luck with the sale!

x

I'd have said £1500 with tack and rugs was a bargain provided she vets ok. Not only is she stunning, if she's bombproof and easygoing she's worth her weight in gold.

19 is no age for a big healthy girl, she's got years and years ahead of her, whoever offered you £500 should be ashamed.

newrider.com