proud mummy jumping pics, feel free to critique

can't_decide

Nov 28, 2004
Kent
Visit site
just posted these because i'm very proud of poppy, bless her. please feel free to critique but bear in mind she hasn't jumped this big in about 8 months so we're not at our best!!

plus a donny pic, again feel free, no excuses for him!!

Attachments

• 100_7661.JPG
    100_7661.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_7665.JPG
    100_7665.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 251
You look really good, I'm jealous as I haven't had the nerve to jump for a couple of years now.

The only very slight fault is that you a little "high" in the first picture. My instructor always used to tell me to stick my bum out behind and fold down rather than just going forward if you see what I mean?

nice pictures.

The horse has got the start of a really nice jump - she's using her neck well which is most important. with a bit more practice she'll have a really good jump and get a fair height.

You're positions fairly good - you've allowed with your hands plently to let her stretch her nack out. However your a little too high out of the saddle and stand up in your stirrups, which makes your heels come up and your legs back.

It's easy to sort though - all you need to do is keep you're bum a little closer to the saddle - that'll keep you're hels down and your legs under you. Jumping without stirrups will really help.

overall you've got a good position and you're not making jumping any harder for the horsey. Which is basically the aim of the game! :D

I agree with Pinks Lady and Pickles - you're a bit too high out of the saddle. Close up your angles (stick your bum towards the cantle) and lower your hands slightly ( I find that this helps, but some horses don't like it) and your position should become lower. Apart from that I can't see too much wrong except that perhaps your toes are poking out a bit - but my instructor always tells me to keep my toes forward so anything looks like toes are out!

The pony is jumping well, and enjoying it, which is always good to see. And you look happy! Keep it up!

I agree with the others, very nice photos, both horses look like their enjoying themselves. Try pushing your body bakcwards then down a little more, so that your belly button is over the pommel of the saddle and you are not quite as high, however, your not restricting her at all, and letting her use her back and the rest of her body to the best that she can. Well done! She should hopefully get more and more confident :D

Jo

thanks everyone :D

this is another pic of poppy from the same day, i think i'm not standing up so high (let's just ignore the feet, i think it's a momentary lapse!) is this better?

and yeh they both love their jumping lots and lots :D

Attachments

• 100_7662.JPG
    100_7662.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 87
now that one looks just about perfect! :D Excellent position and Poppy's really using herself.

newrider.com