Proud picture

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Just wanted to share this pic taken after our jumping lesson yesterday. I was very proud of Raf for jumping this - it's not exactly huge lol, but if we'd met it out hacking he'd have had a good ogle at it so I expected him to at least have an OMG moment, especially as we've not done much jumping. But he just pricked his ears and popped over it. Not sure what's going on with the forelock - it was very windy - although don't think that explains why I'm chewing a wasp!

JumpingLesson20Feb14_zpsee561f84.jpg

Well done both of you, doesn't matter how big it is you gave it a go and he popped over and it made you both feel good, that's all that matters in my book.
I have to say Rafi looks more gorgeous than ever, is he getting darker with age? Or is that just his winter colour?

Thanks for understanding folks!

Not sure about brave - there was a flag flapping in the wind and every time it flapped as we went past it Raf shot forward with, my RI said, his tail between his legs - some Arab!

Kite_Rider, no he's actually getting lighter with age, I think it will only be a few summers before he's nearly all white. The dark bits seem to be sticking to his quarters and legs. It's probably just a dark photo.

NF - just go and pinch one :giggle: It's actually not my yard, it's an arena about 5 miles away where I have most of my lessons. Anyway, you've got all that amazing grazing, fantastic barn and a view to die for. Don't be greedy girl!

NF - just go and pinch one :giggle: It's actually not my yard, it's an arena about 5 miles away where I have most of my lessons. Anyway, you've got all that amazing grazing, fantastic barn and a view to die for. Don't be greedy girl!

We borrowed the cones and plastic planks. :giggle:
I do love our views that's true.

Oooh Raf is very handsome! How old is he and how long have you had him? And well done on the jumping. I might book myself a jumping lesson in a couple of weeks I think.

Oooh Raf is very handsome! How old is he and how long have you had him? And well done on the jumping. I might book myself a jumping lesson in a couple of weeks I think.

Thanks Squidsin. Raf is 8 this year and I've had him since a few weeks after his 4th birthday when he'd not long been broken and he was still entire (he was gelded for me before I brought him home). On paper possibly not the best choice for a middle aged novice's first horse! Oh the blissful confidence of ignorance! Luckily he's turned out to be the easiest horse in the world (and I've contacted both his breeder and the stud I bought him from to tell them so and how grateful I am!)

Since then he's been bringing me on slowly - very slowly, I think we've probably achieved about the same in 4 years as my YO does in 4 months with one of her youngsters :giggle:, but hey, it's all about the journey.

newrider.com