Public Service Announcement....again!!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Aldi will be having some equestrian items on sale soon. Last equestrian campaign was October 1999, so it's been quite a while.

20210112_211420_copy_600x800.jpg

Woohoo - thanks for the heads up. I am currently wearing my Aldi hoodie I got in the last sale. I'm sure it was 2019 rather than 1999! I'm pretty sure I haven't had this jumper for 21 years. x

Lol in 1999 I think I'd only just got internet connection. Hehehee. Don't think I've got anything clothing wise left from that era.
I just gave away one of my last survivors - a beautiful pure heavy cashmere cabled jacket from the Harrods sale, bought in 1997 for a song and still absolutely perfect, but too small for me now. It looks just gorgeous on one of our staff, a little tiny girl. How could I ever have been that small?

I just gave away one of my last survivors - a beautiful pure heavy cashmere cabled jacket from the Harrods sale, bought in 1997 for a song and still absolutely perfect, but too small for me now. It looks just gorgeous on one of our staff, a little tiny girl. How could I ever have been that small?
Yes I know what you mean about size:)I have my wedding dress (married in 2000) and I daren't get it out and try it on, because I fear that it might be a bit small now (and at the time I convinced myself I looked huge:rolleyes:) (That jacket sounded lovely, lucky lass it fitting her:))

Until a couple of years ago i still had my old school coat. I could actually still fit in it. Wore it out in the end working round the farm. It was 25 years old. Thems were the days when things were made to last.

I do seemed to have broadened out in the last few years. I have about 3 pairs of jeans in my wardrobe i cant get done up. Its depressing. I keep telling my self i will loose the weight to get back in them. Theres nothing wrong with them, im just to flippin fat.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I have a pair of jods brought in 1994, I could still get in them 18 months ago, not because I’m no bigger as they’ve definitely stretched over the years, but as my grandparents bought them for me no doubt they were for me to ’grow in to’ ?

Reactions: Trewsers
Until a couple of years ago i still had my old school coat. I could actually still fit in it. Wore it out in the end working round the farm. It was 25 years old. Thems were the days when things were made to last.

I do seemed to have broadened out in the last few years. I have about 3 pairs of jeans in my wardrobe i cant get done up. Its depressing. I keep telling my self i will loose the weight to get back in them. Theres nothing wrong with them, im just to flippin fat.
That's ace still having your school coat lol
Only thing I do have that's really old is a pair of white shorts that I took on holiday with me to Newquay Cornwall in 1988. I can just about still get into them hahahahahaa. They are what you might call snug though. But anyway, who needs white shorts up here?! It's never the weather.

I'm curious now about my dress.? I might have to dig it out. If it doesn't fit at all, time for a diet. Middle age spread and all that. Eeek. Poor Zi when I get back on board! lol

Reactions: Jessey
I'm curious now about my dress.? I might have to dig it out. If it doesn't fit at all, time for a diet. Middle age spread and all that. Eeek. Poor Zi when I get back on board! lol
You should try it on, I tried my wedding dress on last week from 2008 so not that many years ago and while it does still kind of fit I’ve found my weight seems to have been re distributed ? it’s now too big round my chest but somewhat snug round my middle ?

Reactions: Trewsers
You should try it on, I tried my wedding dress on last week from 2008 so not that many years ago and while it does still kind of fit I’ve found my weight seems to have been re distributed ? it’s now too big round my chest but somewhat snug round my middle ?
Lol I think my weight has re distributed itself! hahahaa. My chest has grown :oops: and my middle seems to have thickened. My arms and legs are still okay though hahahahaa. I'm definitely going to dig it out at weekend - purely out of curiosity!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I just happened to be wearing my Aldi hoodie the day I found a dog hit by a car. I wrapped him in it, little Yorkie, and when the RSPCA came to get him I couldn't bear to take it off him, plus he had bled and all sorts over it. Despite not great odds he did survive and was adopted by a lovely couple. I do wish I still had the hoodie though as was my favourite and was given to me by my grandparents for Christmas along with a numnah. Anyway none of you asked for that story ?Hopefully I can replace it.

newrider.com