QOD 18/02/2013: Is Fate and Karma Just a Bunch of Tish Tosh?

The old boy whose horses we used to ride when we were 12/13 always used to say that there are many paths you can choose to walk down in life, but the destination will always be the same.

Even after all these years, I never forget that. Sometimes in life, things are just really difficult. I remember trying to buy a house and I am not a person who gives up easily. I did get there, and I did buy it, but actually ......... it was nothing but problems.

Having said that, I am a great believer in that you reap what you sow, and he who dares, wins. This is why I am a letting agent who earns a salary, and my OH is a business man (albeit a farmer as well) who makes a great deal more!! He is a chancer and I am a play it safe!

I believe in doing good without hope of return, but I'm not sure why I still do. My mum & dad were both really really good people who always did good for others and never asked for a return, and they got dealt a sh*t hand at the end, so what does that mean?

Its tish and tosh in my opinion. There are coincidences and random events that might feel like fate or karma, but these are the things you remember, the times it doesnt happen dont register even though they are much more common.

Yes, things happen, by chance or coincidence, and then we make up stories. Of course, looking back, we think that things were destined to happen because they did happen; if something else had happened, then that would have been what was destined instead ..

newrider.com