QOD 24-02-2013. How do you keep yourself fit?

Lots,

Looking after 3 horses every day mucking out poo picking etc , plus any other that need it.

Then

Mondays - Run - sprint training then weights session - Lesson on Ginger
Tues - Circuits in the morning then I teach spinning at lunch time - Ride Chanter
Wed - At the moment I am running X country for my camp every wed - Ride Ginger
Thurs - Circuits/Run what every Sqn PT is - Ride Ginger lunge Chanter
Fri - Ride Chanter and Ginger
Sat - Ride both boys - and a 5 miles run if I have time
Sun - Ride both boys

I eat quite well OH cooks if it was not for him I would live on cereal!

I am lucky that I have to be fit for work and they let me train and teach when every I can. I am a big believe in fitness and do rant a lot at people.

It does concern me that people who have horses struggle with a half hour lesson or a long trot. Fitness is linked with good health eating well is easy if you want to. but it is personal choice.

have to say that unless people want a lecture about health eating and exercise they generally do not complain about weight in front of me as I have a I don't mince my words.

I am functionally fit but I would not say I was fit per se.

I am able to comfortably undertake daily chores (mucking out, riding, walking dog etc etc) but I don't train on top of that. I really don't enjoy gym/running etc and find it really hard to motivate myself to train in that way.

However I am fortunate that I seem to burn the calories I use - I eat erratically due to shift pattern but try to have "decent" healthy meals - though I do have a sweet tooth and snack horrendously in between - I tend to have smaller meals and graze... No idea how I stay the size I am - sure one day it will catch up!!!

newrider.com