QOD 25/01/2013 - If There Was One Thing You Could Change About NR, What Would it Be?

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
Aha, I've found a good internet source of question of the days!

BTW, if anyone says 'I would stop FM from posting ridiculous QODs' then I will hunt them down lol :wink: But seriously, is the QOD ok? I'm trying to take charge of it most week days, but happy if others post before me.

I'd have it subscription free but with more moderators so it was busier like it used to be but with the kindly feel it has now.

What JS said! I think more members would be encouraged - plus we would then have a wider knowledge base to draw on when we have any queries about stuff.

People are very helpful on here, but often a question will only generate a couple or at most a few opinions. I find the more answers I can get to something I am unsure about, the more it helps me mull over the pros and cons and reach a conclusion I am happy with.:unsure:

I would like it to be easier to post piccies on, ie, directly from my email. I have a flicker doofer but still struggle - they come out really small! Just lazy on my part I guess.....Cheaper subs would be better - I think if they did away with them altogether we would be back to a lot more bickering, trolling and general nowtiness - but then again, I see the fact that more members would be nice................

I'd like it a bit busier, but tbh apart from that I am quite happy. And I think the QOD is a super idea btw!

I like QOD Flipo and think you are doing a great job.

Don't think I would change much tbh. I like the subs cos it does deter all and sundry. I would like more people on here though for wider views etc.

Also be good to have more people on from outside the UK. I love the diversity of different peoples lifestyles.

Picture/video posting definetly needs up dating but apart from that I find the forum straightforward and easy to navigate.

QOD is great ! :D

I would like it subscription free as well and a bit more busier whilst still retaining the relaxed feel we have here.

I do love NR, it's a great place & I feel I've made many friends even though I've never met any of you (yet!)

It would be nice to be able to upload photos & video without having to have a photobucket etc account.

I also think the forum generally could do with a facelift as it's a little dated (sorry!)

I would like the 'new posts (all)' to stay on for longer as sometimes I know I have not read all the threads but the next time I look it is down to two

I would like the 'new posts (all)' to stay on for longer as sometimes I know I have not read all the threads but the next time I look it is down to two

YES!! I agree! I always use the New Posts (All) function rather than go into each subsection - unless I'm looking for something (as the search ability on here is pretty poor too but I rarely use it so not a problem for me). Sometimes I just log on quick at work, have a quick squizz through & then log off - but when I log on again all those posts I hadn't had time to read before are gone & will only re-appear if somebody else posts on it. Is there maybe a way of marking them or putting them aside somewhere to read again later?

I would also like to have a like button & the option to tag somebody in a post - for example I put a post on about long manes the other day that put even Flipo's mane to shame & I would like to have tagged Flipo's Mum in it, similar to tagging people on FB, so I know she would have seen it. Is that possible? It's useful if there is a post we really want a certain member to see. Hmm, I'm might put this in the technical section...

I love NR:) everyones just lovely and have been so helpful and kind with issues ive posted on here when I've been literally at the end of my tether, and even on the point of throwing in the towel:/ i only wished i lived closer to a few of you:(! but so excited about a poss kent meet up when weather is a bit more normal:/!! Yes a like buttons an excellent idea:) also I like the subs I do think it helps keep trolling and nasty things like that to a minimum??

I wouldn't really change much to be honest. I like the way that it is easy to use. I have just started using my phone to view NR and got very excited when my phone notified me to tell me that I had got a PM!!

I would keep the subs and while I would always welcome new members, I like the feel of the community here. I feel that I really know some people and I love the fact that I can come on here and no-one thinks I am really odd for being nervous to hack my bombproof horse, or not rugging him when he is so fat. I really love 'talking' horses everyday on NR and it has really helped me over the years.

Mary Poppins, did you install tapatalk or are you just browsing it through your browser ?

I installed tapatalk - I love it. I know that I am at least 5 years behind everyone else in mobile phone technology but I just love the things my phone can do. I am easily pleased!

Ahh I think I will install it as well then as I have a Samsung too and have just been looking at NR through the browser.

newrider.com