QOD 28/01/2013 - How Would Your Friends Describe You?

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
I think alot of us find it quite difficult to sing our own praises, modest bunch that we are! So here's a question to hopefully help extract the good thoughts about ourselves......how would your friends describe you?

Ha ha that may depend on whether I was listening or not!
If I'm listening and its entirely positive (I have no self esteem issues!) I would say;
Assertive, motivated, fun, driven, organised, energetic, forward thinking, optimistic and adventurous. I'm fairly sure I qualify for that lot but if I don't I'm working on it!
FM - you asked the question but haven't answered???

I always listen to what somebody has to say, not in that I just sit there silently, but actually take onboard their point of view & always remain objective. I hate giving and receiving predictable answers and I like to think that if I'm having a converation or somebody is asking for my opinion/point of view on something, I will give them honest but fair answers. A friend of mine at work commented on this only a couple weeks ago; she works almost full time hours, has a one year old & is studying too - she finds her husband is not as supportive as she'd like so she enjoys having me to chat to about it, using me as a sounding board. She says is makes a huge difference. Mum has said before I have a good way of putting things into words when things are shit - she thinks I should have gone into counselling.

I am also incredibly loyal - to work, my colleagues, my friends & family. I love doing things to help other people, it gives me great satisfaction. I also try my upmost to not judge others but admittedly sometimes I struggle.

Last edited:
The first thing would probably be I'm short... The jokes never tire for my friends!

As a person I guess they would say I chat (a lot) but I also listen and care - and will go out of my way to helps others. Also that I hate people being sad and will do anything to cheer them up.

They would say that I am horse-mad and sometimes let that overtake / override anything else in my life (I think a lot of my old friends were a bit miffed when I got involved with all things horsey)
That I am loyal and reliable. That I am a complete giddy kipper most of the time but when required can be serious and a very good listener.

My friends frequently refer to me as 'the sensible one'.

I think they would say I'm kind, fun and very loyal, I can however find myself stuck in a rutt very easily and I often say I'm going to do something and never do (from telling someone I'll call to insisting I'll get my own flat this year).

I'm occassionally refered to as 'the intelligent one' too, but I don't always live up to that!

Honest, very loyal. Is there for them when the really life changing things happen, and will set everything aside for the serious things. Not as good at keeping in touch as she should be otherwise. A people watcher, not a chatty person - a bit reserved.

Her pets have a home for life and are loved, well treated and well trained.

She should push herself forward a bit more. She tries to be too 'nice' sometimes, Good at giving advice, and having the right comforting words in troubled times.

I think it depends on your age as we all change with it. When younger i would have been described as quick tempered and prone to violence but after having learned a few home truths and hard lessons at around my late twenties i am easy going and approachable now, as people say you dont seem to get angry when things go wrong, well i do but i keep my anger in check and count to 10 i didnt particularly like the young me i like the old me i have more friends and sleep better.

Most friends say I am very calm and confident (if only they knew:help:) They say I am very caring and cope well in difficult situations (yikes!).

I am supposedly, a good laugh (especially when drunk).

Reliable and able to keep secrets and give support when needed.

Outspoken, and can be blunt, which does tend to give way to the odd row but soon blows over and makesup:smile:

My work colleagues would say -
Sarcastic, grumpy (but I don't take it out on folk), wicked sense of humour, brutally honest, I love to play devils advocate which noises folk up quite a bit, and opinionated.

My mates would say -
Sarcastic, grumpy, moany, determined, highly suspicious.

Gawd, I'm turning into my father.

He he and me too!
Most pepoples that I know tell me I am a lovely person, bubbly, always happy no matter what's going on in my life, bosses wife said she doesn't know how I stay so happy?
Think OH would disagree with all that and say I'm a frumpy old nag
Take your pick!

I never asked my friends how they would describe me. Two guy friends have mentioned they like how quirky I am but I don't know what the heck that means. I didn't think I was all that weird... :/
I am generally dependable. That's about it.

They'd say I was quick, clever, energetic, talented, supportive and cheerful, with a huge memory full of stuff. And that I could do with more staying power, and that I can talk out of my a£se and sometimes hurt people unwittingly by being insensitive.

newrider.com