QOD 29/01/2013 - Whats Your Favourite Quote?

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

My hubby, then boyfriend, texted me this a month after met when he was away for a couple of weeks on a business trip. I love it and we had it printed on the front of our order of service when we got married.

Good QOD FP, you've got me feeling all soppy now :) :)

"You're not gone, you're just not here" - tattooed it on my ribs :wink:
"Live life to the full" - also have that tattooed on me. :redface:

And this is just a 'paragraph' I wrote the other day as it was going through my mind - so it's not a quote as such, but just a few words to inspire people who are feeling a little down, and I think it works by reading it. :redface:

Life is too precious to take for granted. Love the ones who treat you right & forget the one's that don't. Treasure the good and accept the bad. Life knocks us all down at times but it's not the one's who lie there and think 'what if' that succeed, but instead the one's who get up and fight back. Make something of yourself and most of all, be who you are. ♥

"No man hath more courage than he who can stop eating after one peanut"

Makes me smile every time and is particularly applicable to my eating habits!

I've got loads if inspirational quote plastered on my fridge and its really hard to choose just one, but here it is:

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." Jim Rohn

Never a truer word spoken. So now, if I don't want to do something I'll admit it to myself rather than making up excuses. If I do want to do something, I'll break it down into manageable chunks and start working towards it.

One that my father told me after having lived for years in Africa - 'no condition is permanent' meaning, good or bad, nothing lasts for ever.

Dad and I are realists!!!

My best response and saying to someone who is hustling you to work faster and get the job done is " The man that mad time made plenty of it ". Usually shuts them up for a while and lets you get on with the job and do it properly.

It the dog hadn't stopped to sh*t it would have caught the rabbit - from my father-in-law. OH and I never knew for sure what it meant but think it's probably "he who hesitates is lost"

Where there's a will, there's a way - my mother

My signature

It the dog hadn't stopped to sh*t it would have caught the rabbit - from my father-in-law. OH and I never knew for sure what it meant but think it's probably "he who hesitates is lost"

Where there's a will, there's a way - my mother

My signature

IF your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle!

Similar to the rabbit one! :D

'Dry your eyes wet pants' normally followed by 'grow some and man up' you have to love the military :dance:

'I love you more today than I did yesterday but less than I will tomorrow'
:inlove: OH so much

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens.

"This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man"

Shakespeare, natch.

Good one Selside.

I don't have one favourite. I do however like most quotes attributed to the Dalai Lama.

I have loads that I really like, some very deep and meaningful, however the one that I often find most useful is

'Just do it' the Nike quote.

I don't know where it comes from.

newrider.com