QoD - Sat 29th....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Still a Christmassy one (and idea stolen from HHO :biggrin:)

What was the best present you GAVE??? What was the most well received gift?

My daughter was very specific before Crimbo NOT to buy her any smelly stuff as she's quite fussy (as am I!) so I found an old L'Occitane box and stuffed it full of chocolate for her. It kind of fell flat in the end as she's never heard of L'Occitane so that part was wasted on her.... but she certainly enjoyed the contents when she removed the lid!

PS Shetlander need not answer this one :giggle:

I bought OH some lounge pants and he LOVES them!!!! Best pressie I got has to be the certificate saying I had helped feed horses at Bransby. So thoughtful of OH as he knows I feel sorry for all of the sanctuaries at Christmas. At the risk of sounding soppy it made me warm n fuzzy knowing that it was helping less fortunate neddies - ours want for nowt and I am lucky. Ok I will shut up now!!!

I didnt buy many pressies this year but my dad loved the pork pie and fancy piccalilli I bought him .

Probably the onesie I bought my sister in law. She was really poorly on Christmas day so she got to snuggle in it straight away.

I bought OH a Kindle Fire HD, he was over the moon as really wanted one but didn't think that I'd be able to afford it....little did he know that I've been squirrelling away for months!

Not a present exactly, no money atm, still not to well and made redundant before christmas so I only bought two small presents this year.

I did make things as nice as possible though for the others.

I made a huge breakfast christmas day and the dinner and made sure everything went well and all the traditional comforts where in place.

Best present I gave was my nephews transformer toy. He was impressed with it (he's four), but the grown ups had more fun trying to change it from car to robot and back again. Those things are tough (especially when you've had a few!)

Best present I got, difficult one. My new wellies allowed me to paddle though the loch forming at the bottom of my field without getting wet feet. My new riding boots are very cool but my mum bought me Next fleecy pjs and they are the best ever....especially since I've been ill the last few days and I can snuggle up!

My boyfriend loved his chocolate pizza! Glad as I had to cycle back the 3 miles from the postoffice in a storm holding it while trying not to fall off my bike or let it get wet!

My favourite present is the blue ipod nano my bf got me, definatley don't deserve such an expensive present! but I love it and have listened to it everyday for at least a couple of hours (inbetween thanking him repeatedly) and can finally replace my old one which has had a cracked screen held together with sellotape for about 2 years. I do kinda miss the bit of hay that used to float around inside the screen of the old one though :yellowcarded:

Best received pressie was my daughters mobile, closely followed by the massage gift tokens for my dad and step mum and the replacement wedding ring for my hubby who lost the original one.

Best present I gave has to be Mr. Cs new wellies to replace his dying Hunters. I got some super duper neoprene Caldene ones at a very good price from Equestrian Clearance. He loves them and happily bounces about down the yard in them doing jobs for me in the wet just so he can wear them!:giggle:

I suppose the most frustrating one has to be the camera I bought for one of my sons. He is a gillie and forever on the water and mad keen on photography. BUT - he always pinches my camera because he never has enough money to get himself one. So we bought him one...he came home from the girlfriend's on Thursday to fit a days fishing in, and promptly asked to borrow my camera!!!:redcarded: WT*??? He had left his new state of the art, all bells ringing one at her place, so STILL had to pinch mine!:bounce:

Best present I gave my parents renewed their National Trust membership.

Also the three Christmas cakes I made went down a treat.

You all know my best gift:

Any excuse to show it off again sorry

GEDC0589_zps128284d1.jpg

I don't have a big budget for Christmas shopping so have to put a lot of thought into it to get special things! But seem to have done a grand job this year as everyone has been really happy with their gifts :biggrin: Probably the best received were the photo books I did for my boss and her mum, and my two grandmas, the personalised photo calendar and engraved Welsh slate coasters for my mum, and the Falconry Experience gift voucher that I bought for my dad. I also bought a few people some joke presents which went down just as well :giggle:

Obc that is stunning. Its one of those things you mean to get done. I really like my ss gift. It was a mug with a photo of the cob on it. I take lots of photos but i haven't actually had one made into anything.
That portrait is beautiful.

I think quite a few of my presents this year were quite high standard for me! My SS present I gave on another forum was a portrait of one of her horses, and a voucher for something from KV.

I bought my mum a handmade slate clock all the way from Orkney. She had been mentioning how badly she wanted it for ages but thought she would have to wait until next time she was over there. I managed to get in touch with the maker and hey presto! Mum got her clock :) she was delighted.

Me and mum also bought my step-dad a camera bag. He wanted a fancy camera you can change the lens on and do proper photography with. He was quite baffled though since it was just a bag... Until he started opening all the wee pockets and found money for a nice new camera! :biggrin:

Best present I got this year was a voucher for my driving lessons!

Best present I gave this year was a spot at Crisis: http://community.crisis.org.uk/xmasappeal
My family all spent Christmas together at my parent's house in Portugal so I sent them a huge personalised hamper from hamper.com with things like smoked salmon, whiskey, wine, biscuits, cheese etc.

I don't have any family in the UK so didn't really have Christmas, but a girl at the yard offered to turn my horses out Christmas morning which meant I got an extra hour in bed and the chance to clean my house - seriously the nicest thing anyone could ever have done for me.

Best thing I gave was my Secret Santa gift on here, because I made it myself and for me nothing compares to a hand made present :cloud9:

Yeah my favourite givens were a neck warmer (microwaveable) with grandad embroidered on (oh grandma), and a draught excluder for oh grandma and an apron with pin badges on I made for my mum of charities important to us.

newrider.com