Question about bridle numbers for dressage

Jun 28, 2007
North West
Hi everyone

I have bought some bridle numbers for dressage, they came with two in a pack, but i thought you were just supposed to wear one on throatlash? Then someone told me you wear one on each cheekpiece.

Just wondering which is the best option for dressage??

Thanks in advance

x x x

I think the rules may have changed slightly an you don't even need to wear one provided you inform the judge/writer of your number when you enetr the arena. Personally i use one on the near side. I have seen people with them pinned to their saddle cloth. Hope this helps

I think the rules may have changed slightly an you don't even need to wear one

The rule is that for British Dressage you MUST display a bridle number in BOTH the warm-up (insurance purposes) and the test.

You'll be docked two points otherwise.

You are no longer docked two points for failing to dispaly your number, but one should be worn. I have the two pack and use both, primarily because I know how fed up I get from a judging perspective when people trot round and they are on the wrong rein for their number to be visible, and with some of the short time intervals given me by organisers I cannot always afford to allow them to trot round on both reins and run to time.

I was told that it was the riders responsibility to inform the dressage writter of who you are ?

I was told it was a BD rule, so always have !

Jane & William

Wish more people were that couteous Jane. Most think we judges and our poor writers are psychic, either that or if they look us ogres in the eye before the test we'll turn them to stone:D.

I always go and at least smile at the judge and writter on my entry, and always say thank you as I leave, even if the judge does look at me, and I think im going to turn to stone lol!

JAne & William

newrider.com