quick hi again

tiamaria lady

Jul 2, 2010
hey everyone, i hope you all have been well and im looking forward to catching up with everyone.
I have'nt been on all winter as i was minding a friends horses and by time i got home i just had quick glass of wine, quick game of bingo :smoke: and off to bed with me..
My horses had to come home from livery as there was an outbreak of strangles and my mare and gelding caught it...:cry: they have recovered well though and thankfully.so lots of dipping myself in footbaths and changing of clothes for me for a while. but it was not that bad....im just glad they are ok and they think its great being home and eating lots of grass with no work to do.
My rescue guy is transforming and im just waiting on the last of his scruffy winter coat to come off before i show u a picture of him.he's one tough cookie.
For the summer i have a mare to ride for my friend who broke his leg so at least that will keep me busy.
ive lots to catch up on im sure and delighted to be back again. xxx

Blimey that sounds like quite a winter! Strangles, how shocking, yuck.

Come on, show us history pictures of your rescue, let's see how he's coming along. You know we love pictures.

ya it was horrible getting the results back to confirm it.the weird thing is nobody even realised it was strangles as there was no gunk coming from nose.they just all started to get a fever and a cough and it was an abcess that made us cop on in the end.so it got swabbed and came back as strangles but the vet said it seem non agressive.
either way i took mine home as they were running out of places to isolate the infected out there.everyone was so upset :frown: but mine are isolated here at home and i cant move until i get 3 clear swabs.
i have a pic of rescue guy a few weeks back but he is still very scruffy. at the mo he looks terrible cos half the scruffy is off and other half is still hanging on.And he still has a few bald pacthes from rain rot an where he scratched himself from having a trillion lice.:unsure:
so im majorly trying to catch up on the threads here to see how ye are all doing.ill pop up that pic for u too :wink:

Absolutely MP.dont know which is worse....the stigma is horrible.i feel diseased myself..:yellowcarded:
Anyways heres Farrell about 2 weeks ago.Not brushed im afraid as he's out on summer grass.

he's checking out the iodine that i just sprayed on his feet after the abcesses he had.was not impressed. :wink:

newrider.com