RAF Champs and we didn't come last...

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
RAF Champs this weekend and we were the only ones from my camp so I entered as an individual instead of a team. We had two tests prem 4 and riding test 2005.

For thoses of you that know Chanter and I have never done better than last place and was thinking about just hacking for the rest of our lives after the last one. But it was been a dream of mine since I joined the RAF to be in the champs on my own horse and this was our only chance (last year I had a broken arm, the year before I was in Iraq etc etc. and next year I am in Afgan)

Lovely day early start, I hitched the trailer up with no problems, boy loaded no problem, came of the trailer no problem, Took 10 minutes to mount as he was so excited.....

Warmed up jusy like my RI told me to and really listened to my OH and groom when they were talking to me. Any way I completed and remembered both tests. (thats a first) I came out of the arena both times with huge smiles he went really well and cantered on the correct lead. happy to leave on a high point but had to wait for results.....anyway...

I came 5th yes your read right 5 out of 14 yes thats 14 people for the prelim and out of 14 again I came first. I actually cried I won a schooling whip and a bottle of bubbly.

So proud of the boy and so proud of me for not giving up.

Had to share sorry:bounce::bounce::smug:

Oh and some pictures
100_1522_edited.jpg

100_1521_edited.jpg

100_1518.jpg

Well done to you and Chanter :biggrin:

Even better news that you have fullfilled a dream :cloud9:

Oh that's fabulous! Well done to both of you! Drink the fizz, give Chanter Polos (or whatever horses have instead of fizz) :skip::skip:

newrider.com