Rain, rain, glorious rain

Raining in South Shrops at last! Takes the pressure off Dom (gardener) too as he doesn't have to spend a lot of his working day watering.

The dry spell wouldn't have been so damaging if we hadn't had that heatwave in the middle of it!

Reactions: Jessey
It has rained heavily here all night, my trough is now has about 4" in it and Jess was shivering a lot this morning, so much so that lifting her tail to pee was not possible....dirty mare :confused: I've been a mean mum and left her shivering, its meant to get up to 18c and ease up a bit so hopefully she'll warm up, if not she can have a rain sheet on later. Hank was shivering last night as Jess insisted on standing down near the neighbor on an exposed bit of field, he was trying to wedge himself under her neck for shelter :( so I moved the fence to force her away from the other horses and then she went up under the trees with Hank, he was fine this morning :)

It has rained heavily here all night, my trough is now has about 4" in it and Jess was shivering a lot this morning, so much so that lifting her tail to pee was not possible....dirty mare :confused: I've been a mean mum and left her shivering, its meant to get up to 18c and ease up a bit so hopefully she'll warm up, if not she can have a rain sheet on later. Hank was shivering last night as Jess insisted on standing down near the neighbor on an exposed bit of field, he was trying to wedge himself under her neck for shelter :( so I moved the fence to force her away from the other horses and then she went up under the trees with Hank, he was fine this morning :)
Not like jess to be shivering. I am sure she will warm up :) Aww bless little hank! Atleast he is small enough to get under her neck a little. Pleased hank was under the trees and ok this morning.
Sox was feeling the weather so spent the night in a rug.

I really need the rain for my field, we got a second pony (I need to introduce her actually :D) and she is quite overweight so needs the restricted grazing but I have noticed it getting browner in there !

19437630_10158798038825167_468851117561939655_n[1].jpg It's been raining all night and all day none stop! Soxs no fill worked until lunch then went through.. then onto his 100g. Don't want to put him in anything heavy as he might get too hot. Left him with some more hay and moved the fence :D
He still isn't a happy horse though.
Fields water logged in some places and I look like a drown rat!

Last edited:
Reactions: Trewsers
Our fields are fine from the all rain. I am not in wellies and you wouldn't know it had rained- well the water trough doesn't need doing.
Some horses are rugged mine isn't. She wasn't even wet.

Our fields are fine from the all rain. I am not in wellies and you wouldn't know it had rained- well the water trough doesn't need doing.
Some horses are rugged mine isn't. She wasn't even wet.
My bottom bit just up from the river, well the little brook dividing it from the horses field is full and there's lots of standing water beyond, I'm not sure even wellies would be enough! The field where the horses are is just about right though, damp ground but no standing water or squelching :)

With the amount of wind today nothing is even wet.
Someone mentioned to me about all the rain we had last night. Maybe it missed this field. The yard had a puddle so I believe them. But this straw stuff still looks similar.

newrider.com