Raised pulses and what not

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Currently in the middle of clean traxing Ales front feet.

His back feet are healthy although he's shedding lots of sole, white line looks good though.

Front infection is there and being stubborn hence the clean trax. He's sore on the gravelly yard but was sound in the school and his field. His feet are all cold but his pulses are slightly raised all round, slightly worse in the foot with the most infection.

I've been advised to get him cushings tested. Small paddock and soaked hay only, see how his pulses react. With the feet after today carrying on with the Milton soaks, maybe cleantrax again in a couple of weeks, after an hour ale is finally standing still!!

He's resting both his backs alternately in the stable on concrete floor so I don't think he's massively sore apart from on the rough stones.

Anyway I'll bring in again Sunday and reassess! Soak all 4 in Milton and go from there

Oh bless, look at those bags on his feet! We do have to do some very odd (to them) things don't we? Fingers crossed he's back to normal again soon.

Raised pulses are simply a sign of increased blood flow to the feet, infection could be a sufficient reason for that. Would I be brave enough to assume that was the reason if he was mine? No, I wouldn't be.

Reactions: Jessey
Hopefully the cleantrax knocks it on the head :) It's always worth being cautious when pulses come up significantly, a bit of extra work for a few days can save lots of heart ache :)

Could feel nothing this morning! Front feet were warm backs cold. He's not impressed with the small amount of soaked hay! Booked in for cushings test 9th Oct so fingers crossed for negative result

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
newrider.com