rambo rhino and amigo

cloudandmatrix

May 6, 2009
a land full of ponies
what do you think?? i would love to get cloud a rambo but they are just to expensive!! she has amigo for cooler summer sheet and lieghtweight turnout which are all very good, but i bought her a rhino plus for winter in medium and a medium astable which have been fab, not a rip or tear have just washed and look like new after a hard winter! i will probs get her a Heavy rhino stable and turnout for the winter when she gets clipped next year!
any views good or bad

I love the amigo ones - our pair have several - they're great value for money and so far they are "Joe" proof - meaning he's not trashed them........

I'd go for premier equine.
They're cut pretty much like horseware but are cheaper and better quality IMO (I bought 2 rambo supremes and was more than disappointed for that price)

Don't forget that Rambo, Rhino and Amigo don't have the same specifications when it comes to material used. I think amigos are generally 600D whereas rambos are 1200D (at a quick guess) The price difference could partially be there.

We have swapped to Premier Equine ever since Horsewear moved their production overseas, no bias just not as good quality as they used to be. We only have one Premier Equine v about 30 Horsewear so hard to compare but yes I would buy a PE in preference now.

Having said that we have a number of £18 rugs from an internet supplier which are fantastic and hard wearing and fit TBs really well..so money is not always the solution

We have swapped to Premier Equine ever since Horsewear moved their production overseas, no bias just not as good quality as they used to be.

I remember horseware /(Rambo) rugs were the rugs to have when I started riding very many years ago but when I finally had my own horse and money to buy the rug, I was just so disappointed :(

I have a rambo supreme, rambo plus, rhino medium weight, rhino light weight, rhino stable, amigo stable and amigo lightweight. I like the supreme and amigo the best they never leak. I will only use horseware rugs now and the amigos are good value.

I had a fal but that leaked after one season and fal were not at all interested.

I also bought a Premiere equine heavy weight turnout unfortunalety there is elastic around the ear end of the rug and when my pony was grazing it somehow got stuck over her eyes with the elastic and she was running round blinded! Fortunately she was spotted by and rescued. It was a nice rug but id never risk anything with elastic near the ears again.

I like PE rugs & the Amigos - they seem to fit my boy best ...

All my winter rugs are Pink Equine, however, as bough BOGOF and they are GREAT fit & quality -- I was pleasantly surprised!

newrider.com