Random Question

Laura4543

May 20, 2019
So very random question!

Do you shower after a riding lesson? And I mean a riding lesson NOT mucking out!

Last edited:
Well I'm not having lessons at the moment but if the question applies to hacking as well, then no, because I always seem to have jobs to do that will make me hot and/or dirty, so the evening is clean up time!

I have been known to go into the office after a riding lesson, and my yard doesn’t have a shower! I consider my work colleagues lucky that I change my clothes!

Ideally I would. Or if not a full shower than soap/water/baby wipe over myself, re-apply deodrant, dry shampoo and a spritz of perfume.

I regularly rode before work and the above works just fine, but I don't bother on a weekend (I do shower at weekends, just not immediately after riding!) .

You become suprisingly comfortable with breezing into Waitrose with hair scrapped back, whatever make up you had on sweated off and odd knee length socks over riding tights with your driving loafers on .... :D

If you are thinking it's because you smell of horse, don't worry after a while you won't notice a thing.
But to freshen up you can (yard/ location dependant) have a wash before you leave. :D

If I ride in the morning then I will always shower before I go to work. If I ride in the evening then no unless I'm going somewhere.

There's a lot worse smells than horse smells - even working in an office. I had to point that out to a colleague once who commented that I had countryside smells about me. Yes thanks for that - well you should try changing YOUR clothes once in a while instead of wearing last night's jeans and shirt covered in kebab remains..........................:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
So very random question!

Do you shower after a riding lesson? And I mean a riding lesson NOT mucking out!

The smell of horses clings to you regardless of how long you were there and what you were doing so yes.
I live in a desert so when I ride in the early mornings (before sun up or just after) the water is already boiling by the time I'm done, hence I end up smelling like horse all day because I have to wait for the evening to take a shower. (if you are wondering about the horse, yes he does get showered after work with cool water. for some reason, there is one hose that gives cool water. funny how our houses don't have cold water but our barn does.)

Reactions: Huggy
The smell of horses clings to you regardless of how long you were there and what you were doing so yes.
I live in a desert so when I ride in the early mornings (before sun up or just after) the water is already boiling by the time I'm done, hence I end up smelling like horse all day because I have to wait for the evening to take a shower. (if you are wondering about the horse, yes he does get showered after work with cool water. for some reason, there is one hose that gives cool water. funny how our houses don't have cold water but our barn does.)
Shower in the barn. :)

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com