Really bad spook out hacking!!

@Cortrasna I am going down to the yard now to bring the boys in. So i will see if I can pedal it around the yard..I don't know how it steers yet??? It will be interesting to see Marleys reaction...I am betting he doesn't bat an eye at it in the yard, but i shall soon find out ;)

Reactions: Cortrasna
I spoke to the safety officer at the bhs today in regards to what happened to us yesterday.
The view was to report it. They have a page online for this kind of thing. It's where they get stats from.
No one wants to be part of the stats.

Just caught up with this and watched your vid. I would have been petrified! Respect to yo for giving it a second go!

If he is nervous now, can you not walk him out in hand or walk out and ride home? Or long-line him if you think you have enough control.....

Reactions: joellie
@newforest Oh flip did you have low flying air traffic!! I have lots of helicopters especially when they have rides on in the show across the road from us but they stay well up in the air thank goodness..

Well I introduced the trike to him tonight, it is so much fun but I am no good at steering lol my son took over. Marley came down to the gate to be brought in for the night and when he first saw it he turned and cantered off. I called him back and he came and stood watching it. The look on his face it was as if he felt silly for being so scared lol . I brought him into the yard and walked him over to it and he touched it , so I walked him around it and then got my son to go up and down past us. He still wasn't 100 % sure but I was very pleased with my clever boy. Then when he was in the stable he watched my son going up and down a bit faster. I took a couple of videos...

That was a scary hack for sure! Well done to you how you handled it,Marley seems more at ease with the trike thing now. He probably just did not have a clue what it was on road.

Newforest, hope you are ok!! We renamed a field 'the helicopter field' after an incident involving a low flying helicopter, Gift (who we discovered was very sound sensitive) and a flat out gallop (including a long downhill just for good measure).

That trike looks fab! I'm sure he will soon be alot more comfortable with recumbent bicycles as that looks very similar.

I've heard they are more comfortable and safer to fall from (if that can be a good thing)

newrider.com