Reccomendations for a lightweight HiViz exercise/quarter sheet

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I have a luna rider wrap around sheet which is great for chilly days as its waterproof and fleece lined but with it so mild Jess is getting hot under it, so thinking of buying something lighter weight for those grey but warmer days.

I have one of these:

https://www.v-bandz.co.uk/category-24/WPQTR.html

Its 2 years old now and wearing well. I always use it when hacking on the road and it doesn't seem to make Harvey too hot. It attaches easily and isn't too
flappy for cantering. I just wish it had a high viz chest bit (although I suppose it wouldn't be a quarter sheet then!), but I use a martingales type one instead. If it broke I would probably replace it with one the same

i-Xcpp3nq-XL.jpg

i-7LT5NG3-XL.jpg

Reactions: Jessey
Have you used the shires one @mystiquemalaika? how do they come up size wise? The luna rider in a 4'6" is very sung, not meant for big bums :) another I had in a 'one size fits all' didn't fit her at all
I like the look of the V-bands one, and prefer a quarter sheet for this as it covers less of her and I don't have to worry if it will stretch around my big saddle, how do those come up for size @GaryB or @Pete's Mum?

I have a 'polite' range one. Lite weight, suppose to be snag proof. Which I have to say has stood up well to the odd bramble patch we've hooked too.

Mine is extra full and is a good fit on Harvey who takes a 7' rug. There is quite a good overhang on the bum and the saddle straps adjust so length wise should fit lots of different sizes

newrider.com