Recommend me a hi viz sheet?

Pigletsmum

Oct 4, 2008
To combat this rubbish weather I think I need to get a waterproof hi viz exercise sheet . Can anyone recommend one thats not expenisve? Ideally no more than £30.

I'm a bit rubbish at putting things under the saddle so I think a wrap around style one would be better.

:)

I prefer wrap-around sheets, easier to take off/on etc

Think I got my thick Cameo one off eBay, waterproof with fleece lining. I also have a thin waterproof one from robinsons I think...it's the sizing I've always had issues with so hopefully someone can enlighten you on that!

it's not totally watewrproof but i've found them showerproof - i like the equafleece exercise sheets and i have the quarter sheet which attaches to behind the saddle. A bit more than your budget but by far the best i've ever used.

I bought a mark todd wrap around one (hi viz waterproof with fleece lining) and while it was over £30 it is well worth it!!

OH bought a masta hi viz wrap around from Mole Valley the other day for £25. very good sheet. waterproof, reflective and hiviz .. everything you want in a sheet. we bought a size smaller than the sizes indicated though as they had obviously made them 'longer'

I've only ever seen the Equisafety hi viz sheets - I have the pink one as a waterproof winter sheet and it is fab. It is wraparound but I find the breastplate bit is made for an elephant even though the rest fits Prince well enough.

Can't remember what it cost, sorry.

My Equisafety one isn't lined but is quite a think waterproof fabric. I'm not convinced he ever needed anything more as he gets warm once he's moving anyway.

Like you say, good to have options!

I found the padded ones can make them too warm, I own one too, but it never gets used, but if the horse is fully clipped, then that sort of sheet would be fine.

Maybe I'd be better with a lighter one then. Tom is half clipped and frank has a teeny bib clip , I'm wanting it more for visibility and waterproof reasons .

I brought the equisafety wrap around sheet about six weeks ago. Its the summer one. Fits nicely on my cob. Plus has the tail peice which gives better viz behind. Some dont have tail peice. The breast band was gigantic but I last night finally got round to putting some stitches in it. So hopefully will now fit nicely.

Horse was a little spooked at first hacking out. So dont try first hack when windy. Also as he was a little spooked I just stuck to walk and trot for the first few hacks. Its surprising that even though he is use to wearing a rug. Putting a sheet on for a hack can be scary for them. Think it was about £35.

The one's with the chest piece are fab, giving that added protection at the front of the horse - I just need to find where the other piece has gone :devil: (got mistaken for reflective boots by sharer, and not put back).. currently one is in front of me, the other has gone awol... I will find it...

newrider.com