Recommend me some breeches/jods!

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I've been wearing denim ones and love them but sadly, there's no quite enough 'give' in them for dressage really, and my one cotton pair of jods has gone bobbly after only a few wears! I am a size 8-10 and quite tall (5 foot 7.) I don't really like beige/white ones (I have one pair for competitions, that will do) and I don't like two-tone ones at all! I want some nice quality ones that don't give me VPL! What (if anything!) would you recommend?

I posted a similar thread a while back - nobody must have had any ideas lol:p I was looking at Harry H Samantha ones. They do denim and also pastel denim (totally unpractical but very lovely).
I coveted the Derby House ones but now they're shops are closed I'd not risk ordering online as I need to try on. Will wait and see what replies you get!

Reactions: squidsin
Sherwood Forest jods are fab. Smart and good quality but not too fancy for everyday wear. They're about middle of the range price-wise.

Sherwood Forest jods are fab. Smart and good quality but not too fancy for everyday wear. They're about middle of the range price-wise.
Ooh yes, a friend of mine has some of them and they look really nice on. Thanks.

I bought a pair of Sheldon jodhpurs recently, not expecting a great deal from the price (about £18, I think) but so far they are great - comfortable, stretchy & look smarter than I thought they would. For that price - I'm not bothered if Pete smears his slobber all down them, as he so loves to do :D

Reactions: Tiff45
I don;t wear Jodhs any more, I wear the boot cut riding trousers,

Do you like them? I am browsing the Bramble ones now. And also hats. I've just been paid!

Bramble are not really denim. Chester are the "proper" denim ones. I have four pairs of Bramble ones. They are a nice fit but I don't feel as smart in them as I do in the Chester ones. The Chester ones I've had quite a while and have to confess, I tried to buy another pair exactly the same. When they arrived they were a terrible fit so I returned them. I don't know why they have to change things!

newrider.com