Recommend some warm wellies!

Thyme & Me

Nov 23, 2011
My feet are FROZEN. I need new boots to ride in & walk to and from fields in. What are the warmest waterproof wellies/boots people know of? Any other tips for staying warm this winter, especially on long wet rides?

Yes I have muck boots too - grip a bit naf though I ound today in the sheet iof hailstones :(

or the just togs mudruckers are popular on the farm.

Absolutely recommend Muck Co Muck boots - I have these ones http://www.totallywellies.co.uk/ProductDescription.asp?Product=Pink Muck Boot Tack Wellingtons I do still wear walking sock or ski socks and also fleece welly liners in them - that's not because they don't do their job well, it's cos I literally have horrendous circulation and my toes are literally always freezing!

I have a pair of these to ride in tho - http://www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk/P/Cook_Tall_Winter_Boots-(57).aspx have been able to test them the last few days due to the freezing temps whilst hacking - my toes have been sooooo warm! Ok wearing two pairs of walking socks but that's it...honestly I have been very impressed :)

For when it's REALLY cold I have these too - http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/P/Hotronic_E4_Electronic_Footwarmer_or_Bootwarmer-(39881).aspx I mainly use them in my ski boots (they are amazing!) but can move them to my riding boots if it's desperately cold!

i operate in one-size-too-big dunlop wellies with two thermal insoles (one the silver kind, the other the furry kind) plus one pair of normal thin socks plus a pair of thick knitted socks - foot can still move a little and my feet are usually warm even in subzero conditions :)

Aigle Parcours Iso - neoprene lined and toasty warm! I really suffer with my extremities in the cold, but these are actually too warm if it's above freezing :biggrin:

Muckboots are great if they are the ones im thinking of, Like wellies but neoprene lined? Very vry good pair of boots and they fit snugger than wellies and you don't have to wear loads of socks, i have had my pair for 5 years now! They are designed to be ridden in too but I found the rubber part that stops half way up the boot where the neoprene begins would get caught on the bottom of the saddle flap.

Other great boots are Ariat grassmere i LOVE mine. Waterproof, Really Cosy and Really keep your feet warm, or cool on hot days..no idea how tht works ^^ All i will say is that although waterproof don't, like i did, wear them incalf seep mud, you will ruin them :cry::redcarded: but on the bright ide years later with giant craks / holes over the bit where your toes bend and they are somehow still waterproof! :D .. i really need to learn to take better care of things!

Sorry just saw this and it made me laugh. There is no such thing as warm wellies i have been wearing them just about all my life and am nearly 60 my feet have just become accustomed to being cold.

Sorry just saw this and it made me laugh. There is no such thing as warm wellies i have been wearing them just about all my life and am nearly 60 my feet have just become accustomed to being cold.

Oh no there is!!!!!! Muck boots are amazing - definitley an investment. Make such a difference - I often only have tights on as I go straight from work and my feet are always warm! :) My big thing is lack of grip - but hoping my snow trax will help when it snows

I did a thread on this yesterday as I bought a pair of Neoprene lined wellies in town yesterday! So far they are toasty warm even in cold mud and freezing conditions plus the thick neoprene makes them REALLY comfortable! :D

newrider.com