Reflecting on 2018?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Has 2018 been an amazing yesr for you? Or are you glad to forget about it?
For me. Its been a bit of a mixed bag really!! Shall tell you more when i arent on my mobile!!

mixed bag, lots of good things with Buddy showing and fun rides, lots of hard work with filly getting her well but she got there in the end, work pretty rubbish, got my health issues sorted hopefully but not the best of years. worst bit is watching my mum declining in health and mobility a lot of it due to her own inaction.

Horse wise, 2018 has been a complete disaster! Having a lame horse for 11 months we have been through every lameness diagnostic available, a bone scan and then a double arthroscopy. After 14 weeks of strict box rest he is still lame. It has and continues to be completely heartbreaking. 2019 will provide some answers for us one way or the another. Neither of us can go on like this for much longer.

My year started quite badly with being off riding with an injury and a disastrous stable move. I'm really pleased with the way Harvey is progressing at the moment and looking forwards to what 2019 will bring.

A mixed bag really horse wise. Getting my arena built up here was a great thing:)not so good is Storm having damaged her leg again and is really on her last chance. :oops::(So it can be quite stressful at times wondering how it will all pan out (we are currently half way through her rehab but have had to take a step back). I just want my little herd to be healthy and happy:)
Work has been amazing for both Mr T and me:)hope that continues!

2018 hasn’t really been any different to any other year horse wise. Done some nice things and spent a fair bit of time not doing things because of abscesses and other relatively minor complaints that my horse pulls out of the bag quite regularly.

At home, another of my children has left home, so just one remaining, although he’s going traveling next year and I can’t honestly seeing him settling back at home afterwards.

To be honest I always find it a bit depressing at Christmas to find that another year has gone by and I haven’t achieved anything at all, except get a bit older :oops:

2018 hasn’t really been any different to any other year horse wise. Done some nice things and spent a fair bit of time not doing things because of abscesses and other relatively minor complaints that my horse pulls out of the bag quite regularly.

At home, another of my children has left home, so just one remaining, although he’s going traveling next year and I can’t honestly seeing him settling back at home afterwards.

To be honest I always find it a bit depressing at Christmas to find that another year has gone by and I haven’t achieved anything at all, except get a bit older :oops:

Not the achieving, it's the journey:)

Great year despite some lows especially horse wise with Brodie's colic surgery but back riding again now which is lovely! Ale's had a very good year apart from his eye problem right now.

Personally getting there, completed the Welsh 3 peaks, started studying a degree, made new friends, bought a car and started driving again and just recently have begun dating again.

Lots still that I would like to do and not going to let anything or anyone stop me next year :)

Reactions: orbvalley and GaryB
Longest wettest winter, mud fever, pneumonia, long too-hot summer, falling off, confidence wibbles, 5 saddles and very little riding. It's not been the best year but I'm ready to bring on 2019!

Not a good year for me. Lost a good friend to cancer in July, a week after her funeral, I lost my pony, two months after that our companion pony had to be pts. Two friends also had horses pts in September.
I am really hoping for better things in 2019 and have a few plans that I want to put into action. I won’t call them New Year Resolutions though.

Not been great, some highs but they definitely didn’t raise up the lows by much.

Looking forwards to shutting the lid on 2018 and opening 2019 to what hopefully will be the beginning of a new start in many ways :)

2018 hasn't been terrible for me, everyone is coming to the end fit and well but I've been struggling with low mood for a good part of the year, here's to hoping that 2019 will bring the new beginning I'm desperately in need of!

Reactions: Trewsers
I really hope for all of us that 2019 is a better year, 2018 for me I am glad to see the back of it, but onwards and upwards.

Losing chanter was a massive low. Turning down my promotion was emotional rollcoster causing huge stress, but over all it was the right thing to do for my family.

Getting Vida and ceto were huge highs and albi and I made it through another year together didn’t achieve much more or moved on as much as I would have liked but we still got there together.

Finding true happiness with my partner Chris we have found that perfect balance to our lives and I look forward to 2019

Not a great year for me, Ziggy has been off work with recurrent laminitis (now diagnosed as Cushing's) for more than three quarters of it, and our business sucked.

Here's to a better 2019!

Been another year of crappery for me. When Ian died my 90 year old uncle came to live with us as he was being threatened with a nursing home as he was not coping living alone. A year to the week of Ian's death I lost my uncle too. I know, bit of a difference, a 90 year old in failing health, but it was not an easy year. That and trying to sell two houses and the land and everything that goes with it. My stress levels have been through the roof.

on a stranger note I might be getting married this year...or next year, depending when I can get relocated. Looks like the skating rink in Hell is open for business!

Been another year of crappery for me. When Ian died my 90 year old uncle came to live with us as he was being threatened with a nursing home as he was not coping living alone. A year to the week of Ian's death I lost my uncle too. I know, bit of a difference, a 90 year old in failing health, but it was not an easy year. That and trying to sell two houses and the land and everything that goes with it. My stress levels have been through the roof.

on a stranger note I might be getting married this year...or next year, depending when I can get relocated. Looks like the skating rink in Hell is open for business!

There you are! Sorry you had a rubbish year. It's good to hear from you though. How are things progressing with your move? We need a thread when you have the time and inclination:)

Reactions: orbvalley
newrider.com