Removing yellow stains!

HLDVS86

I need some help!!

I spent 3 days scrubbing with my hand and a brush (didnt hurt him) to try and remove some yellow stains on my horses hocks and his top legs on both sides but I could not get rid.....I tried people shampoo, diamond white shampoo, chalk powder, chalk block, hot water.....nothing!!!! we got marked down in a show because of it also so I want to find a way to get ride of them...or cover them!!

Any ideas anyone!?? please??

i have tried everything to get gizs tail white.. even bleach.

today i have given up.,

i bought some white HAIR DYE! (yes really) its in a spray can so spray on, and it washes off.. i got it from boots. £3 quid

other than that. put loads of chalk on it after a bath, leave it over night and brush of in the morning, then re chalk before your class.

Have your tried cowboy magic stain remover ?

Are they stable stains? Use of hock boots to prevent them continuing to get stained?

Have you tried the white makeup/ pastes? can be deadly if too much used tho

Helps me with my lad as well as chalk
picture.php

ive not tried it yet.., but see no reason for it not to work, theres nothing to nasty in it either so it should be ok for delicate skin.

thoose stains look like yr average poo marks..

try the cowboy magic green spot remover. and good old fairy liquid. aswell.

will try the spray tonight and let you know!

Clippers :D

Thank god for a show cob, she gets clipped before shows and all the mucky bits come off

further from the hair dye.. today in a tack shop i spotted spray on whitner.. same bloody stuff and £11 quid!:eek:

I use Hydrophane Stain remover Spray, might be called something else now. Before bathing just dampen the stained area, spray on, rub it in, leave for 5-10 mins, then bathe the horse as normal. Can also be used as a spot cleaner without bathing. I think Lincoln also do the same spray.

In this pic I had just used it on her front legs, they where the same colour as the back legs to begin with, spot the difference!

picture.php

newrider.com