Removing yellow stains!

HLDVS86

I need some help!!

I spent 3 days scrubbing with my hand and a brush (didnt hurt him) to try and remove some yellow stains on my horses hocks and his top legs on both sides but I could not get rid.....I tried people shampoo, diamond white shampoo, chalk powder, chalk block, hot water.....nothing!!!! we got marked down in a show because of it also so I want to find a way to get ride of them...or cover them!!

A judge told my friend to use Vanish on hard to remove stable stains, but she also said it had to be done daily...

the lynn russell stain remover is very good but its expensive. you can put this on dry and leave then rinse and the stain lifts out.

replied to your other thread as well with this:

Have your tried cowboy magic stain remover ?

Are they stable stains? Use of hock boots to prevent them continuing to get stained?

Have you tried the white makeup/ pastes? can be deadly if too much used tho

cowboy products help me with my lad as well as chalk
picture.php

But also would patch test any household product as sadly they are a lot more intense as not produced for the skin. I know my lad reacts badly to a lot of things, sadly with white colouring they can

The Lynn Russel Extra Strength Stain Remover is fantastic. It smells like window cleaner but it works sooooo well.

UPDATE on the spray on hair dye... it worked and its fab! giz wasnt to keen on it being sprayed but even so.. whooo hooo i highley recommend it!

Wash with fairy washing up liquid!! Its quick siple and VERY effective - thats what i wash my grey mare in and she comes u sparkling :D

Best picture i could find - this was after a quick fairy liquid bath on a warm enough day just not sunny but she shines!!
Horses029.jpg

Last edited:
add a small squidge of violet spray into your shampoo, for the final wash, bit like a blue rinse. supposed to trick the eye, to make it look whiter.
just a small squidge though, no purple legs lol.:)

Dilute the Vanish and rinse off really thoroughly afterwards. I accidentally sprayed Beau once with non-diluted stuff-same colour bottle as the Naf Off fly spray:eek:. The patch I'd sprayed came up blindingly white! Echo the patch test as it's strong stuff.

MAke the chalk powder into a thick ish paste (slightly runnier than honey) and smear it on - leave it overnight and brush off when dry. I dont even know why I bothered to bath her!!! Also if its on the day try babywipes :)

newrider.com