Resting One Warm Hoof?? Help..

KodaBear

Jan 29, 2009
April In the last week i've noticed keeps resting her near hind hoof quite a bit when in her stable, and its quite warm whereas all the other hooves are cold. she's not lame in the slightest and not foot sore. she has full set of shoes on and im very paranoid so before i call the vet out what could it possibly be??

Shes been stabled since i biought her (about a month now) been out on grass just today literally....so she hasn't had any lush grass at all hardly!

Could it be an absess developing? she doesnt get funny with me picking her hooves out or anything

many thanks :) x

Could be an abcess. The one Mia had a few weeks ago started with resting one foot a lot more than the other and being a bit wriggly to ride then showed up as a more normal lameness a couple of days later.

no matter what merlot dose outside inside or ridding or at a show he always rest the same foot nothing wrong with his he just dose it all the time

April In the last week i've noticed keeps resting her near hind hoof quite a bit when in her stable, and its quite warm whereas all the other hooves are cold. she's not lame in the slightest and not foot sore. she has full set of shoes on and im very paranoid so before i call the vet out what could it possibly be??

Shes been stabled since i biought her (about a month now) been out on grass just today literally....so she hasn't had any lush grass at all hardly!

Could it be an absess developing? she doesnt get funny with me picking her hooves out or anything

many thanks :) x

Could be an abcess but I would'nt worry till she goes lame Horses naturally rest their hind feet...Its okay they all do it.

yup agreed, natural to rest back foot and although feeling hoof is good, its not totally reliable. not much to be done if it is an abcess, so may as well leave until (if) it gets worse

it could be nothing but i would get the farrier as they are so much more used to dealing with problems like that where as a vet does the whole horse,:)

newrider.com