Retraining racehorses a saga

Happiness is turning this sad boy backinto the superstar he once was.Four weeks on.and getting better every day now.
24174481_10102963479721678_4565279807078330267_n.jpg

Oh gosh that first picture almost made me cry, he looks so sad and hopeless. Lovely to see the spark returning in the second picture! Such a lucky lad. What's his name?

Oh gosh that first picture almost made me cry, he looks so sad and hopeless. Lovely to see the spark returning in the second picture! Such a lucky lad. What's his name?

That is why we took him on.... only discovered his past history after we picked him up and got his passport he is Coursey Rover a sucessful NH and point to point horse in Ireland and the UK. Now started longreining him to build up muscle.

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
January has been busy!

Fiddley is back in light work and staying sound
Kirkum seems to have made a recovery from his mystery serious ailment, large vet bill though!!
Chukka continues to be a superstar now having done BE JAS classes at 90, 100 and novice (115cms) , His season starts at Stafford with BE100 plus, then a couple of
BE 105 hoping for a novice by the end of the season.
Charlie is also in light work and last weekend tried horseball, he found it very exciting!
Neddi went to a local show just to do an inhand class as we think showing and dressage will be his future. He is very special not always in a good way and Emma ended up being constantly bitten then flying a very excited horse round the lap of honour. He reminds me so much of Bandit one of our origional quirky superstars
Mo continues to be sane and easy, Done a dressage outing and a pole work clinic, just looking for a good home for her as a RC horse. 10 years ago I would have had her for myself, unfortunately I now have balance issues on foot let alone on a horse

We seem to have acquired a lot of horses but in total they cost us less than £2750 , two competing in BE, one competed BD, and three works in progress. Tack bought from ebay etc,!!

SIx great horses for less than many fellow competitors spend on tack !

New Year new season!

Chucka has done a couple of BE style and performance classes up to Novice 115 level, Plan is for a BE100+,BE105 and a novice this season aiming for a 1* at Chatsworth next year.

Big change of plan however for Mo (Moment to Dream) who will be competing BE with us and hopefully following Chucka!

Reactions: Cortrasna
Not a great start to the season, Stafford totally cancelled due to weather so hoping for a 100 run anywhere within 2 hours travelling.and then pick up Chucka's season at Sapey.and Berrywood .Mo will hopefully do Solihull 80 and then Broadway1 enroute back from ROR camp at David Broome centre..

Charlie has shown a bad episode of arthritus(sp?) in his neck but glad it showed before we tried to do too much with him as he is he sort to carry on despite being in pain, I think he may join the retired herd next year. Kirkum has already declared himself a field horse,joining, JImmy, Ginger and Luca .They are to be joined shortly by another retiremenr livery tb who s coming in exchange for a home with less grass for two ponies for small chldren

Fiddley is awaiting hi-tech shoes to get back to work!!
Neddi is a beautiful challenge we have yet to find the right job for!!

Reactions: Mojojungle
A year after closing the RS, i am so proud of my daughter!

Not only has she built up a loyal client base of horse owners but has also been appointed a trainer by the ROR for their subsidised clinics, takes in schooling liveries ranging from cheeky cobs to, not suprisingly, exracehorses, including being asked by a trainer to retrain for them. She also trains and mentors several people taking part in the Willoughby Wonder Pony challenge to do a BE80 from scratch

Despite the fact the number of resident exracers seems to be growing daily!! Some however are paying guests!!
Wonder woman runs the yard, looks after all horses, all maintenance etc!!

Another update for those not on FB!

Season started with lots of canceklations due to the wet ground. Chucka had a run at 100 at Solihull as a starter, followed by Broadway, where a combiniation of the heat and sticky going a made us review his feed and fitness. Chatsworth was taken as a schooling round to check all was well!

Next came Berriewood his first 100+ ( harder dressage and sj) , followed by Catton 100 , notorious as being full up SJ and XC. he Was placed mid section on each with an easy clear XC. Next Little Downham 105 followed by Solihull Novice !

Mo will get her first delayed run at Solihull 80 and Neddi goes showing at our local show weekend after next.

A very belated and sad update.Chucka having qualified for ROR final and a regional qualifier for Badminton grass roots died from colic despite the best efforts of our vets and a six hour operation. Will update on others when I feel more like it.

A very belated and sad update.Chucka having qualified for ROR final and a regional qualifier for Badminton grass roots died from colic despite the best efforts of our vets and a six hour operation. Will update on others when I feel more like it.
So so sorry to hear this. Have been following your stories as they are inspirational and educational.

newrider.com