Ride London ... words of encouragement required!

HorseHelen

Sep 17, 2006
at the farm, near the zoo
In less than three weeks time I'm embarking on the longest cycle ride of my life .... 100 miles around the streets of London!

I'm not a natural cyclist so any tips and advice would be great!

I'm also doing this to aid a really worthy cause of Arthritis Research UK so if anyone can spare £2 then it would be much appreciated

Thank you!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...content=Helen-Fensome4&utm_campaign=pfp-share

Just enjoy it :)

Have you cycled in a group before? That's the hardest part about it because the sheer number of other cyclists.

You'll do brilliantly and I'm going to watch it near the end in Thames ditton so if I see you I'll cheer you on!

Reactions: HorseHelen
s.i.l. is riding it and training. Can ask him if he has any advice for you. Last year he fell in training for his big race (the one Ale did) and broke his wrist and hand so never rode the race itself.

Reactions: HorseHelen
We have just received the leaflet through the door. Telling us we cant travel north that afternoon. I am a confused old woman but I dont understand the routes.
It looks to me as if the 100 races both amateur and pro come back into London just like last year over Putney Bridge and dont end at Thames Ditton ?

We have just received the leaflet through the door. Telling us we cant travel north that afternoon. I am a confused old woman but I dont understand the routes.
It looks to me as if the 100 races both amateur and pro come back into London just like last year over Putney Bridge and dont end at Thames Ditton ?

You are right, I was using near the end very loosely, as in the riders are on their way back but quite a way out still

Just enjoy it :)

Have you cycled in a group before? That's the hardest part about it because the sheer number of other cyclists.

You'll do brilliantly and I'm going to watch it near the end in Thames ditton so if I see you I'll cheer you on!

Thank you. I've two done sportives this year, one 40 miler and one 75 miler but I think I'll be a bit intimidated by the numbers because as you say it's very big and busy!

Thank you I'll need it near the end!

Thank you so much for your donation too, I really do appreciate it, I'll keep updating this thread with progress!!

12 more sleeps eek!
I was out of action all last week with a painful back so I was panicking slightly but the osteo seems to have sorted me out so I've managed to cycle 65 miles in the last three days to get back into it!
Cannot believe it's come around so quickly!

newrider.com