riding and road safety

ღerinღ

*ღ*erin*ღ*
Jun 13, 2006
sheffield
hiya, i was just wondering in if any body had taken there riding and road safety exam??i want to do mine, i have been reading though all the books ect but would like some more....personaly(dont think thats sounds right, i hope you know what i mean!!):D information!!
thank-you

xxx:)

Hi,
I did my Riding and Road safety test when i was in the pony club, They ran the exams every year,
It was over 3 days 2 days training and 1 day exam!

You have to do a Writtem multiple choice test,
If you pass that you go on to a simulator (a mock road environment i.e.road markings in a field)
and if you pass that you go onto the actual road around a small route being watched and assesed at the same time!

And you have to pass all 3 to get the BHS certificate!

It is pretty easy. You have to make sure you do your signals correctly and know the highway code.

You can buy a book on the BHS Riding and road safety.

Hope this helped :D

I passed my riding and road safety exam last month as others have said you first need to pass the written exam, which has 10 question you need 8 or above to get onto the next stage, you then do a a practice section then ride on a road. If you like i can post on here some sheets our instructor gave us! :)

will send you both the sheets by pm for those wont it, i made the sheets from what the trainer told us so they aren't copy right! :cool: :) will do it after riding!

You have to do the training before you're allowed to take the exam.

Fail the written or simulation section and you're not allowed on the road section.

Well worth doing IMHO

Hehe yes, twice!! I failed first time due to being a giggly 14 year old :D All you really need is a copy of the highway code and some common sense. Can't tell you how invaluable that exam is when it comes to taking your driving test later on!!! LOL.

newrider.com