Riding boot lights

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I spotted some lights with my browsing for things. These are not being marketed for us, but I don't see why they couldn't work.

Arrived today and just fitted to the boot. Plan to see if it stays put etc etc. Might switch on to constant light and see how we get on.
Tested the flashing and walked away to look, it did get my attention because it's going to be however high your heel is.

Side view.
PicsArt_12-02-03.59.56.jpg
Back view
PicsArt_12-02-04.01.01.jpg

They look good. Hope they do stay put because it looks like a fantastic idea.

Must admit I like the flashing light option on pushbikes, because I've noticed on some of them the lights are so bright these days it can be difficult to tell what kind of vehicle you are looking at (eg motorbike/pushbike?) If the light flashes I know it's a pushbike and can therefore relatively slow moving.

Reactions: orbvalley
I wonder if they will move on the inside if your inside heel is touching the horse.
I've got to sort myself out something brighter. My mum was driving up the road behind the boys the other day and even though I have a hiviz exercise sheet with tail piece and flashing dog collar and hi Viz coat she said it wasn't bright enough.

Oooh I like those! Where did you get them from NF?
I like flashing, it certainly seems to get you noticed more. :D
My amazing hubby bought me one of those LED neck strap thingys last week and I have actually had a driver stop and tell me it's amazing and it really caught his attention, so it flashing it is from now on.

I have the martingale with light but haven't switched on yet. What's yours?

That light I got from eBay and it was only £2.50 with postage. Plans are to flash tomorrow ( probably won't meet a car)

They seem like a good idea. Do they come in different sizes? I wonder about some for Mr T when he goes out on Zi.
No as far as I know it's one size fits all. They are sort of flexible but firm if that makes sense.
They do come in various colours if anyone has ideas for fitting elsewhere.

Reactions: Trewsers
Tried to bend myself inside out to get this photo. It's not a good angle I confess. :)

Rode out walk and trot and it didn't move and I didn't notice it. Left switched on as oppose to flashing for now. I think it would show up more flashing or on a black boot.

It only touched her on an inch of the light pipe. That's the bit that was greasy on my return. I must say my foot tends to levitate in the air. :p

Attachments

• PicsArt_12-05-06.01.04.jpg
    PicsArt_12-05-06.01.04.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 9
I have the martingale with light but haven't switched on yet. What's yours?

That light I got from eBay and it was only £2.50 with postage. Plans are to flash tomorrow ( probably won't meet a car)
No idea sorry but I’ll ask Mr tomorrow

newrider.com