Riding holidays in the UK recommendations

Lexi2020

Jul 29, 2020
Hi there
I used to be a member on here some years ago and lost my account details, so hello again!
I am looking for recommendations for a riding holiday in the UK.
I no longer have my own horses and really miss boxing up and going for long hacks so I am looking for somewhere with an emphasis on hacking - even better would be trail riding where you go place to place.
I’m an experienced rider but less confident/ hung ho than I used to be so safe, forward horses are a must.
And I am planning to most likely go on my own so needs to be suitable for a solo traveller.
If anything exists that comes close to that criteria would love to hear!!

FreeRein would be perfect for you! They have a range of different trails where you stay at different accommodation each night, and you can choose from unguided (you just ride with the people you book with, and are given detailed maps and directions), or a fully-guided ride. Your gear is taken to your accommodation by car each day and you feed / look after the horses yourself at the end of the day.
I have done a few of their unguided trails over the years... they are so well organised, the horses and accommodation are great, and the terrain they go over is varied and very beautiful.

Great thank you! Both look good, the free rein one sounds amazing but not sure how well that would work travelling alone?

They have set dates for the guided rides so you just book the one you want. Then you just ride with the other people who booked it.

are on facebook, they have various locations.
FreeRein would be perfect for you! They have a range of different trails where you stay at different accommodation each night, and you can choose from unguided (you just ride with the people you book with, and are given detailed maps and directions), or a fully-guided ride. Your gear is taken to your accommodation by car each day and you feed / look after the horses yourself at the end of the day.
I have done a few of their unguided trails over the years... they are so well organised, the horses and accommodation are great, and the terrain they go over is varied and very beautiful.

I did that in Spain many years ago and it was fabulous

newrider.com