Riding holidays, your experiences!!

Kezzabelle

LOVE IT
Nov 28, 2002
Scotland!
Visit site
Hi all! me and the other half are thinking about a horse riding holiday this summer but dont really where to start........

We are not sure wether we want something close to home (we are in central scotland) or wether we want to travel up north or down south or even abroad!

I would be greatful if fellow nr members could share their riding holiday experiences with me. Im just looking for somewhere that could accomodate me a - fairly experienced rider and my partner who has never sat on a horse before :D I would like some where on the coast as I would love to gallop along the beach *day dreams*

Thanks Kez x

i went to a riding holiday in brecon beacons, called cantref, the scenary was amazing, and the meals were lovely.
however, the horse i rode had been trekking for so long, it wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference whether i was on his back or not :rolleyes:

After reading about Jojoba and Werehorse's holiday at Murthwaite Green Trekking Centre in Cumbria me and OH have booked a 3 day holiday in June. We will do 2 hours lessons and 2 hours hacking a day.

I am really looking forward to it. Although my mother is not :eek: She found out we were going and told me I wasn't allowed to do any jumping while I was there because it is too dangerouse :eek: :eek:

Anyway here are the posts JOJOBA made about Muthwaite Green:
http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64038
http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60640

Just don't forget your waterproofs we don't always have such good whether up here in the frozen north!!

Coming from Cumbria (Kendal to be exact) I can confirm that the scenery is stunning and the riding is great. If you are interested in Cumbria for a holiday you can just do a Google for riding holidays in Cumbria and it will bring up many in the area. There are quite a few places around Kendal and the Lakes, but also up near Carlisle and the Scottish borders there a few.

Alison xx

Ohh excellent thread - I have been looking for somewhere to go for a mid week break when the kids go on holiday with their daddy. Looks like I just found it :D

I've been on two, the first one was pretty rubbish, but "Cornish Riding Holidays", at Wheal Buller Riding School, was fantastic! I know it's really far from you but was so amazing :D

I have to agree that Cantref in Wales is great, I went for my second time in July and the place has just got a new head instructor who is really nice, the horses are all loverly and of course the scenery is amazing.

AnnaBanana said:
I have to agree that Cantref in Wales is great, I went for my second time in July and the place has just got a new head instructor who is really nice, the horses are all loverly and of course the scenery is amazing.

hopefully i might be going there sometime again this month, it should be really good:):D

newrider.com