Riding in the wind!!

I hate riding in this fierce gusty wind. F's other sharer took her out on a hack on Sunday but I find even the school alarming. Having said that I did have a lesson today while the school cracked, shook and rattled about me - but I did ask my RI to get on first! ;)

Reactions: Huggy
Kia had a mad five mins where he wouldn’t walk and had a bounce once I put the leg on but other than that he would school and jump and hack In really strong winds.

Rode the mare I’m schooling just now and apart from tanking at the first few jumps and the first ten mins being a tit everytime I put my leg on she gave me some fabulous work and even the jumps she gave me after taking a few strides out of the early ones. She’s a big 17hh girly but is wonderful once she gets going :)

Last edited:
Reactions: domane and Huggy
Well windy weather was another thing on my check list for Hogan - ie how he is with it. Turns out he's fine, maybe a little more alert. Having said that, although it's sheltered in the forest inclosures, the gusts roared through the trees! Ramsey was okay alone, but in company he'd be an eejit in the wind. On a personal note, I HATE IT!

I'm going to break my own rule today and ride in the forest in the wind, I organised one of my group rides for tomorrow but as I've been sick since getting back from florida I've not ridden jess for a month now and really don't want her being a tit tomorrow so need to go out today. Its not that the wind bothers her but after a near miss with a branch falling and seeing so many down after each storm I normally avoid it.

I'm going to break my own rule today and ride in the forest in the wind, I organised one of my group rides for tomorrow but as I've been sick since getting back from florida I've not ridden jess for a month now and really don't want her being a tit tomorrow so need to go out today. Its not that the wind bothers her but after a near miss with a branch falling and seeing so many down after each storm I normally avoid it.
Stay safe!

So much for that, it's really squirly out there, our forest Ranger has reported lots of downed trees, so I'm not going, will just have to resign to a pingy ride tomorrow :rolleyes:

I could ride Haakon in a hurricane and he would never mention it.

I could not ride Klaengur in a mere zephyr breeze because something touched him and OMG and off we go at 100%. *** sigh ***
They are funny aren’t t they.
Belle doesn’t care if it’s blowing a gale, she’s no different, but rain???
We have a few discussions in the rain because she wants to put her ample bottom towards it, even if that means going backwards, she’s such a princess about getting her face wet!

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
newrider.com