Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I Don't Use It

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I Don't Have One

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
I just can't imagine wearing a skirt full stop lol lol never mind to ride in! Think OH and Zi would get a shock......:eek::eek::eek::p
Take a look at some of the pics on the blog before you laugh. I've worn a wool full length skirt cross-country skiing before and I was surprised by the flexibility and warmth. idk how my horses would react, but I think they would be pretty chill with the idea.:p

I wouldn't pay that no.

But if you wanted a cheaper alternative look into the Spanish riding trousers and culottes.
Saying that I have some but they haven't been near the horse, I love them so much I get lots of comments on where did you get those want some.

It's simply too windy here for me to be trying to weigh down anything flapping on her. I don't even use an exercise rug for that reason.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
To be honest you could probably just make your own! They don't look like it would be too complicated.

I had a look at the blog and must admit it looks very pretty, but I can't really understand the point of it. I mean you have to wear something underneath anyway, so why bother with the skirt. Maybe in very cold conditions it's for extra warmth? The only thing that interested me was the fact that it might keep the horse's back warm (I wonder if you can wear a smart one for hunting?) but, as Newforest says, the wind would be a problem. I can't imagine many days in this country when you could wear one and look as elegant as that, a lot of the time you'd be trying to stop it flapping all over.

Gorgeous ponies and interesting tack though :)

Reactions: Huggy
Have never thought of having one, somehow it just doesn't fit with riding a hairy, bolshy tank! I should imagine on some it would look quite elegant. Are they mainly for showing etc? Mind, I'm a bit self conscious at the best of times. Have a gorgeous bright purple jacket, that matches Hogans numnah etc but would feel a bit of a prat if I matched that much!

I have recently been interested in buying a wool riding skirt after seeing them in a blog ( http://matildebrandt.no/riding-skirt-lookbook/ ) but the price can range from 200-500 dollars and I was wondering if anyone has any experience riding skirts. I'd like to know if it's worth the price.
Was so taken with the gorgeous horse almost forgot to look at the skirts lol! They are very elegant but pricey!

I don't have one but have been hankering after one for a while, I wouldn't want wool though as it's just too wet here, it would need to be lined and waterproof for riding in really grotty weather. I have a full length coat, and it's fine if just walking but as soon as you are moving much more then it pulls back off my knees, I think the skirt could have more material and not do that :) I won't pay the $500 price tag, I plan to make one when I have a chance, it will also be weighted so it doesn't flap.

Jessy my concours skirts cost £100 to £150 but could be made waterproof and lined with right fabrics different weights for winter and Spring etc.... and they take 5 to 6 meters of fabric depending on the size of the rider

But I do love the ides of riding in skirts and it is practical for keeping you drier if you got for the waterproof option

Reactions: Jessey
Jessy my concours skirts cost £100 to £150 but could be made waterproof and lined with right fabrics different weights for winter and Spring etc.... and they take 5 to 6 meters of fabric depending on the size of the rider

But I do love the ides of riding in skirts and it is practical for keeping you drier if you got for the waterproof option
I will use a concours pattern when I finally get around to doing it :)

Reactions: Native Lover
Take a look at some of the pics on the blog before you laugh. I've worn a wool full length skirt cross-country skiing before and I was surprised by the flexibility and warmth. idk how my horses would react, but I think they would be pretty chill with the idea.:p

I think I'd just scare Zi ! We live in a very windy part of the world:)

Reactions: Huggy
I had a look at the blog and must admit it looks very pretty, but I can't really understand the point of it. I mean you have to wear something underneath anyway, so why bother with the skirt. Maybe in very cold conditions it's for extra warmth? The only thing that interested me was the fact that it might keep the horse's back warm (I wonder if you can wear a smart one for hunting?) but, as Newforest says, the wind would be a problem. I can't imagine many days in this country when you could wear one and look as elegant as that, a lot of the time you'd be trying to stop it flapping all over.

Gorgeous ponies and interesting tack though :)
Do people use a black quarter sheet? Those sit just behind the saddle and cover the rump.
I have seen people in white waterproof trousers when it's piddling down.
So if wool to match your jacket it might be ok?

newrider.com