Right this is the situation.......

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Somebody give me a virual SLAP!

I am HATING every minute of Cliff not being here.......I cannot believe how much I Am missing him.....I look at Bert and Sioned and it just doesn't feel RIGHT. ....... I thought long and hard about this I really did...found him what I perceive to be a fabulous home.... But I feel bereft.......I said to Cookster last night and her reply 'Me Too, we have to get him back' ?......I replied 'but nothings changed' and she said 'no but we have a few years to sort it and sort it we will, it was the wrong thing to do and I should have talked you out of it, I felt like you but now he is gone it's just not right' !

None of my reasons for doing this in the first place have really changed tbh but I can't believe how I am missing my Baby Boy and don't know what to do, part of me feels SELFISH for wanting him back and part of me thinks if I let him go I will always regret it !,

Argh '!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If you have an element of doubt, ask yourself, if you got him back, what would you have planned for him in the future? I've always been told if a decision is not 100%, don't do it..

TBH I haven't thought that far DS....that's if I am 100% truthful !

I just cannot bear the thought of him being backed and her selling him on....blooming ridiculous I know but I guess truth be told I just saw him in a different light away from my two and he looked so beautiful compared to the scraggy Colt that came in November and I was so proud of him, ridiculous as it is I am feeling I have let him down!,, he knows me, he has put his trust in me and I have moved him on.....and I am gonna miss out....I am gonna miss out on him blossoming and blooming and will have no say in his future".........what a MESSER I can't believe myself that I am seriously considering getting him back !!

I guess I would have him gelded when he has dropped let him grow and either back him myself or get someone else to do it and then maybe loan him from the Yard....

Last edited:
I think TBH you are having a knee jerk reaction to him going,have had exactly the same and it's not nice,but I would suggest you hang fire before making any decisions about having him back.

Give it a couple of weeks (I think you said he's on trial??),and then see if you still feel the same.

Holding a good thought for you and Cookster:smile:

Knowing how hard it would have been to have come to a decision about the trial. You would have looked at all the reasons for not keeping, all the reasons to keep. You would have looked under all those stones.
You are entitled to miss them. But i would personally wait a bit before i back tracked.

Ooooh tricky one!! When you posted about seeing him off and how proud you were of him, you could feel how much although you felt it was the right decision, you were so sad to see him go.

I guess you just need to have a good think about what the future would hold for both of you, you weren't so keen on having a youngster to back and bring on, even if you sent him away for backing you would still have to do the riding away and through any potential cob rage (sorry newforest, stole your terminology!). It may be that your feelings about that have changed now, which you are more than entitled to do, but you would need to think about you would work around the bits that concerned you before.

.....I have a sneaky feeling we're going to see the lil fella back :wink:

I'd wait until the trial is up, you still have that option to pull him out at the last minute, as of yet, a line hasn't been drawn under the sale yet.. see how you feel then?

I am gonna go see him next week, will see how I feel then, maybe if I see him looking happy and contented it will ease my mind and maybe DS is right and it's a knee jerk reaction.... We will see :frown:unsure:

newrider.com