RIP Berry...xxx (long)

I am so sorry to read your post.

I see you have contacted the Police about the dog attack. Don't know how much good it will do. I'd go to the local press too though.

At least the **%^ of a dog owner might get to hear what has happened...

Just a thought.

Jane

Last edited:
Just a little update for you that followed this thread. There has been a little ray of sunshine through the horrible black cloud that is over us! My mum's friend has a pony, Tom, which she has said we can look after for a while until i can start on my search for a new horse. My daughter was distraught and heartbroken on wednesday night when we had to have Berry PTS so i'm hoping this will take her mind off things for a bit and help her move on. She adored Berry and never complained or moaned when we were told that we couldn't ride her any more so i think she'll be over the moon that there will be a pony there that she can ride for a while. I'm hoping to bring him over to our yard next weekend and im going to keep it as a surprise just so i can see the look on her face when she sees him. As for me...the shock of the last couple of days has started wearing off and i am totally devastated about losing Berry. She was a huge part of my life and i feel lost without her but hopefully looking after Tom for the next few weeks will also keep me busy and help me to move on too. Thanks again for all your well wishes and I'll keep you posted about Tom!!!

So glad you and your daughter will have Tom to help ease your loss. I know you've been through quite an ordeal in losing Berry, if there is anything good that came of this, it was the love you gave to her. If only all horses could have such a home.
I do hope your daughter loves the surprise -' Rock on, Tommy'. :D

It was so hard to read your post, now i am crying:eek:
I know totally how you feel, having lost my precious boy last summer so all my thoughts are with you xxxxx

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your much loved horse Berry.
You sound like a wonderful owner who gave Berry the very best.

Tom Arrived!!!

Tom, my mum's friend's pony came to our yard today to stay with us for a while...cutest little pony ever!!! Has an attitude made for a horse four times his size and he's the cheekiest chappie ever. Kids nearly peed their pants when he came...they were so excited!! Both had a little ride round the school on him and loved it! Will keep you posted to how we get on......in the meantime im posting a few pics of Berry...she's gone but will never be forgotten. RIP B xxx

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 9
I'm so so sorry you've had to go through this. I can't begin to imagine what this must be like for you. Just so awful for you and your family. As others have said, you really did the best you could by her and looking at the pics of Berry, she did look so lovely and healthy. I can also see an obvious look of real contentment in her eyes too, bless her. RIP Berry darling.

newrider.com