RIP Whitney Houston

She's been on borrowed time for a while, I'm not surprised to be honest.. very likely drug related too..

Yes, just been reading about her ( I had no idea she was on drugs etc - don't know where I have been :redface:)

Still extremely sad tho ........... a waste of another life :frown:

Yes, just been reading about her ( I had no idea she was on drugs etc - don't know where I have been :redface:)

Still extremely sad tho ........... a waste of another life :frown:

It's been a real sharp decline.. she met a Bobby Brown, and it was down hill all the way..

I just heard it on the radio, such a waste, she had everything going for her and threw it all away.

So sad, not very surprised but so so sad as she had a great voice and looked fabulous in her prime.

Why do so many talented women mess up in picking men?

Dolly Parton wrote the song and it was in the film, 'The Best Little Whorehouse' and made me cry everytime I heard it. I can't even listen to the WH version.

i heard whitney's version of it being played on the radio but was at other end of house, it was on the today programme, so asked OH why it was being played as my first thought was oh no, another amy winehouse episode - sadly true

the dolly parton version has a lot more heart and feeling in it but Whitney had a spectacular voice. just so sad that she went off the rails.

Not good, but I hate to say it was going that way...

I feel sorry for those who she's left behind and for her fans but it frustrates me that someone with it all, who has THE BEST help, support and medical-assitance at her disposal instead choses to waste herself. Kind of selfish.

Don't get me wrong though, noone deserves this. RIP Whitney :(

quite agree Lexi, but people sometimes just can't help how it happens - they have demons and that's it.

i often get very exasperated at the celebrities with loads of money who could do so much good, help so many causes but do diddly squat except shop.

quite agree Lexi, but people sometimes just can't help how it happens - they have demons and that's it.

i often get very exasperated at the celebrities with loads of money who could do so much good, help so many causes but do diddly squat except shop.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong I understand that; see it day in day out being a Social Worker.
But there's so much help out there -- if it's true that people have demons, especially celebrities, then it leaves me wondering if there's little to no luck for the little-people. Makes me angry. I wish folk would just help themselves a little sometimes is all.

These 'celebrities' you speak of reeeeaaalllly grind my gears too. I couldn't agree more! Paris Hilton for example, she's had pretty much everything given to her on a plate and yet she still spends her time dolling-around :(

Money can't always buy peace of mind to quell the demons. The more you have, the more you have to lose and the more pressure there is.

newrider.com