Rips and Fits go up the mountains (pics)

fitz

May 3, 2005
Near Dublin
Myself and Rips took my two out hacking yesterday. It was Werners first time out on the road, and he behaved brilliantly, he just didnt bat an eyelid at anything. He's such a sweetie...

Anyway, here are some of Rips' pics, I wont be cheeky and post them all on her!

Myself and Werner...
Wicklowhackingd6.jpg

Rips and Duch
Wicklowhackingm27.jpg

Werner flirting with one of the ladeez.
Wicklowhackingb44.jpg

I think Rips should have some more scenery shots...

:) I really had a great time - Duchess and Werner were both brilliant, you wouldn't believe Werner was only young he was that good. Duchess was really careful and enthusiastic the whole way, otherwise coming back down might have been a bit scary :p

Wicklowhackingc4.jpg

Wicklowhackingf9.jpg

Wicklowhackingl15.jpg

Wicklowhackingh12.jpg

Werner is stunning, he's just a really nice solid stamp of a horse - not phased by anything and really friendly :D I'll let fits post the rest of the pictures - they are mostly of him! They don't really do him justice though, 'cept maybe that flirting one - thats my fav pic.

Are those the Dublin mountains? They look familiar! Nicer without the usual blanket of fog and rain:)
Werner is just a handsome as you described fits you'll have no trouble finding a good home for him.
Fun day out all round then? Hope no-one got burnt!

Great pics girls. Looks like you had perfect weather for your day out.

Gorgeous horses :D

Shame young Werner has to go:(

xx

Thanks all. Tharg, I have the saddle on Werner on trial at the moment. I think I'll buy it.

Cochise, I heard New Zealand was very similar to Ireland, but those pictures are uncannily like the country we're in.

For his first time out on the road, Werner was just so well behaved I'm kind of wondering if I should keep him. I'm really torn. He's such a nice horse, I could be kicking myself in two years time. Duchess is still full of beans for her age though.

Greeneyes, its the Wicklow mountains alright... dont want to post exact location on net, but its not too far from you I think...

Last edited:
Those pics of NZ are a bit similar! Heard they are going to film the next Narnia film here instead of there :p It really was great up there - fits should start a trekking centre :D

Rips said:
Those pics of NZ are a bit similar! Heard they are going to film the next Narnia film here instead of there :p

Ooh thats a big one to land isnt it? any good looking men starring in it?? I was just telling Rips on Friday that my sis met Val Kilmer out walking on his own near where those pics are taken about a month ago, you wouldnt know who you'd bump into around here!

Rips said:
It really was great up there - fits should start a trekking centre :D

Hmm... I dunno, sometimes I think it would be great to work with horses, but I think I'll give professional life a go first, seeing as I've spent 22 years so far in education! I really do like where I live a lot though.

Aw crap, really? Love the Narnia books! Ah, theres something a little more dramatic about the NZ landscape :)

newrider.com