Robinsons cordial - moan

candyflosspot

bossy boots
Sep 7, 2010
Sheffield
Just having a mini moan..I have always liked robinsons cordial until recently. I purchased a bottle of sugar free apple & black currant (which has always been a favourite) & its disgusting.

They have obviously changed the recipe as to me it tastes like cheap & nasty 25p value cordial. Even the smell is awful & very artificial.

BIG FAT FAIL Robinsons !!!!!!!!!!!

Does it say there's a new recipe on the label? Have you checked the date? Is there a lot of residue at the bottom?
I'm scared now - I love apple and blackcurrant Robinsons no sugar!!! I hope they haven't changed it and this is just a one off.

I would take it back to the shop, maybe one of the ingredients has gone off??

Can cordial go off? It doesn't smell off -just very cheap & artificial. I cant remember where I purchased the bottle? I would have to guess morrisons since I shop there most often.

Does it say there's a new recipe on the label? Have you checked the date? Is there a lot of residue at the bottom?
I'm scared now - I love apple and blackcurrant Robinsons no sugar!!! I hope they haven't changed it and this is just a one off.

-no mention of a new recipe. It's definatley in date (July 2014). No residue either. It just honks & tastes of cheap value cordial. I'm gutted as well.. I like Robinsons..

I don't like sugar free drinks at all. I had to stop OH from ordering such yesterday from Sainsbury's on line! We have had the brilliant idea of mixing fizzy water with cordial, so he found some blackcurrant juice which looked okay but it had no sugar - which means it will taste horrid (to me anyways!). If you're used to drinking sugar free then as already suggested I'd give some feedback. There's normally an email address you can find to do such.

It's more than likely a bad batch, write to them, and give them the printed date and L number (this tells them the day it was produced). You might even get a voucher and an apology from them.

Daughter bought me a bottle of Waitrose Mexican Lime Juice Cordial last week - I like it.
It probably costs more but I asked her to find me something like Rose's (not Robinsons) but, as far as possible, additive free. I needed something as low calory as possible while trying to lose weight but didnt want anything artificial.

newrider.com