Rockbourne fun ride 22nd April

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
Is anyone going on the Rockbourne (near Fordingbridge, Hampshire) fun ride?

I have never done one before and although Joy now confidently hacks out I know she'll want to stretch her legs across country as she is young and we only have road work near our yard as the nearest bridleway is a disused railway line 4 miles away. I have cantered her along there a couple of times although she gets a bit excitable and skittish :rolleyes:

I'm really looking forward to it but know I'll have be on my toes to keep her as calm as I can although she wouldn't bolt I don't think or I wouldn't risk taking her.

Do riders tend to race about like lunatics and pass at a gallop. I don't want to be part of a stampede.

Do you have to get all poshed up? I only have yard wear and nothing showy plus Joys 'white' **cough cough** socks are rather yellow :eek:

I think that *Lizzie* may possibly be going or at least she was going to one there before it was rescheduled. :) From what I've seen it's a nice place and I would imagine that most people would be there for the experience so wont be galloping everywhere but please dont hold me to this! :eek: :p

Rockbourne ride is fab, I went to the one at the end of last year and really enjoyed it :) I didn't encounter any lunatics ;) And no, you don't have to get all 'poshed up'!!

I guess I'm just very nervous :eek:

I have never competed or had a group lesson and keep myself very much to myself as a happy hacker so this will be my first ride 'in public' :rolleyes:

Just seen this thread - IM GOING! :D :D :D

I've never been before either so have no idea wht to expect! Are you going on your own? I am!! But I have a feeling people will go in big groups so I will feel a bit silly!
Do you know what time you are going? My slot was 11.30 - 12.30 before it was rescheduled so I persume it will be the same again :)
I think I will wear my XC top and general XC stuff as I'm hoping to get a nice pic from the photographer :eek: :p...but not OTT! I'm looking forward to getting the XC practice :D

Maybe see you there? Let me know what time you are going :)

Lizzie :)

Just seen this thread - IM GOING! :D

I've never been before either so have no idea wht to expect! Are you going on your own? I am!! But I have a feeling people will go in big groups so I will feel a bit silly!
Do you know what time you are going? My slot was 11.30 - 12.30 before it was rescheduled so I persume it will be the same again :)
I think I will wear my XC top and general XC stuff as I'm hoping to get a nice pic from the photographer :eek: :p...but not OTT! I'm looking forward to getting the XC practice :D

Maybe see you there? Let me know what time you are going :)

Lizzie :)

I dropped my application in today so I don't know if my preferred 11.30 timeslot is available.

I'm going with a friend. She'll do some of the jumps but I haven't jumped since I was a teenager and as Joy's balance isn't the best to be able to cope with my poor balance I haven't tried her in the school and am too acared to do it on a hack :rolleyes:

To be honest I need to go to a riding school to learn on an experienced horse and then give it a whirl on Joy who is green as grass :D

newrider.com