Roll on 2013!

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
Now whilst I'm not wishing December away and I loooove Christmas, I am very much looking forward to 2013.

Inca has been turned away since September (backed in March, not ridden much until late June and did her first dressage test early Sept) and this weekend will see her back in the long reins for short periods of time, am planning to start having very short rides on her either next weekend or the weekend after. This depends on how confident she is when re-starting her work.

Some local ECs have published their Unaff dressage dates for the first part of next year, so really looking forward to taking the little madam along. Our most local EC is starting their dressage again in early March, so I reckon that's plenty of time for us to get back schooling and be ready for a little pony party!

Me too looking forward to Spring! I also love Christmas, but am fed up of dark mornings, dark evenings and work all day. Just be fabby come spring with lighter evenings to get hacking in the week again - I just must remember not to complain about flies and heat!!!

I know what you mean! I could just do with a bit more daylight, it makes everything just that bit easier....including getting my ass out of bed in the morning!

I'm waging war against the flies next year, am already stocking up on various items so I have full stock come the spring time! Am also going to be clipping Inca this year so I don't have to fight against her moulting as well as the flies starting to appear

I feel the same B&P; I love Christmas too, it's my favourite time of year, but I'm looking forward to 2013. I like the thought of new beginnings in the new year. I'm planning on 2013 being a monumental life changing year for me & I'm really excited about it :biggrin:

Ditto the life change like RM. Its hopefully going to be a big one for me too now. I just need to sort out my finances to cope! Flipowise, my mate has announced that we are going to have so much fun next year because all of a sudden I seemed to have found my riding mojo and am laughing all the time when we're out. I'm a little worried what she's gonna have me doing!!

Ditto the life change like RM. Its hopefully going to be a big one for me too now. I just need to sort out my finances to cope! Flipowise, my mate has announced that we are going to have so much fun next year because all of a sudden I seemed to have found my riding mojo and am laughing all the time when we're out. I'm a little worried what she's gonna have me doing!!

That is just fab FM - am so pleased fo you - def going to be yours and Flips year next year.

Thankyou Sally, I'm finally really enjoying it again....but I wouldn't change what we've been through to get here. Its all been totally worth it as I imagine you also know with Tobes :wink:

Whilst we have some majorly rubbish things happening in our lives now, things are amazing and I've learnt to appreciate each day rather than looking forwards too much.

I have mixed feelings about Christmas this year as its our first year without my father-in-law at ours because his dementia is so far advanced and he needs to be lifted in a hoist.

On the other hand. Its my first year of hosting the extended family on boxing day and I can't wait!

New Years Eve is always a quiet one for us and this new year will be a special one for me as it marks a year since the start of my Cambridge journey and will be the first time (in my adult life) that I won't have losing weight as a New Years resolution.

newrider.com