Ros' history unveiled

harleemonster

Sep 30, 2009
Buckie, Scotland
well ive finally managed to track down Ros' previous previous owner and am glad i did!!

all i was told was he was french tb p2p that retired 2005.

but have found out did dressage with her daughter and was starting to score 60's when they put him out on loan.
he can jump( ie no injuries ) but doesnt like to. probaly explains why they didnt keep racing him!
he has always been abit headshy but i was told he wasnt so thought it was me! and always been a spooky hack but never bolted on grass like he does with me.

we're are arranging for her to come over to see him and for us to have a proper chat, which is what the lady i brought him from should have done. but seemed to vanish off the face of the planet after i picked him up!

im so pleased that i havent got to start from scratch, just a case of reminding him. cant wait til spring when weather gets better to start properly. but in the mean time lots of walking out and long reining i think!!

:D

this pic is one she sent me of him comp fit!

Attachments

• Roseau 2005.jpg
    Roseau 2005.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
That is great news, so much easier to deal with a horse with some issues if you have some history.

Well done for tracking her down.

Its always a lovely thing if you can trace a previous owner and find out
a few things. Both for you and them.

How lovely that they are going to come visit, just shows they must have thought a bit about him.:)

That makes it so much easier to deal with some of the issues. At least you know some of what he has gone through, his behaviour will be more understandable now.

I am lucky in that I know the previous carer of my horse so I can always ask about things. Even just things like clipping and stuff like that. You can be better prepared.

He looks great in that picture.

excellent news, now you know what you are dealing with and surely they must be happy to know where he is now.

he looks great in that picture, so you know what you can aim for.

He looks gorgeous - well worth putting some time into I'd say?;)

Think you very lucky to have traced the previous owners - possible they might even be able to come up with some pointers on how to deal with him?:)

He looks gorgeous - well worth putting some time into I'd say?;)

Think you very lucky to have traced the previous owners - possible they might even be able to come up with some pointers on how to deal with him?:)

im hoping she will be able to help yes. they didnt want to sell him but had too many and she didint have time to work him like he needs.

he is sooo gorgeous! bless him! :D

thanks everyone x x x

newrider.com