Royal Windsor report - pics!

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
So on Thursday we headed over to Windsor for the interhunt relay. Last relay at Larkhill I took our bay horse as my grey was short of a saddle, but I had the saddler out, got sorted and had my grey boy ready for action! J took our bay instead as he was so impressed with how he went for me at Larkhill, he fancied a turn!! We weren't on till half 2 so had plenty of time to mooch about the shops, where I bought a lush LeMieux halfpad for my boy (went for natural in the end).
Warmup was manic as usual so didn't really get to do what I wanted but popped a couple of fences and in we went! I was third in the team to go, and my boy sped round, but unfortunately took the first 2 poles with him! No idea how the first fell as in the video you can't even see him touch it, must have been pure bad luck! The second we took out behind as I took the turn to sharp oops! Pulled ourselves together after that and jumped the rest nicely to hand the whip to J and let him crack on! The other 3 in my team all had a pole each so with 5 seconds for each pole added we had 25 secs added to our time at the end. It was stiff competition and unfortunately with the poles we didn't make it to the fastest 8 teams for the next round. We had a blast though and it was awesome to be in the main ring at Royal Windsor!!
Considering my boy has only done 1 showjumping round in his life before that, I don't think that was bad going at all! Next interhunt is at Barbury International so am looking forward to that! Got some cracking pics from a friend so thought I would share, pro pics aren't up yet.

Last edited:
Just fab. If anything happens to my quirky Tobes (which I very much doubt, he will clearly live to be 100 and still be a PITA, although I love him loads and would hate not to have him!), I will definitely be banging on your door for a good and quiet pony!!

newrider.com