Rubbish, rubbish, crap & pants

Roxy's Mum

Jul 21, 2009
Dorset
I hate today - it's been pants so far.

Granted, it's nothing serious or worth crying over, but still...... :)cry:)

Our mortgage isn't going to complete by Weds as we'd hoped (if it had it would have meant the tenants' rent would have given us a bit extra income as per the new mortgage, but now it's still the old mortgage their rent won't cover it).

We've now been delayed even more as the solicitors haven't requested the redemption figure as they should have already.

Our deposit isn't ready to go to the solicitors (complicated story involving a third party).

Our life cover (insurance) has just been declined because of my height/weight ratio :cry: :cry: :cry: (talk about make somebody feel even worse about themselves than they do already).

And the solicitors need the account & details of the old mortgage, none of which OH has with him here at work so that will have to wait until Monday.

Sooooo frustrating. And just when I thought this whole thing had gone along okay with very few hitches :stomp:

And even WORSE!!!! Because we've of my height/weight thingy I'm guessing OH will definitely NOT let us have treat night tonight :cry:

Aw Roxy, so sorry to hear about your troubles re the mortgage. Can't believe the life insurance needs such details - when we took our policy out (four years ago) I don't remember getting asked many questions, apart from smoking / non smoking and had I any major illnesses.
Bugger not having a treat tonight I say!!!!!! You need one after the day you've had. What a disappointment. And there was me, sat here feeling quite put out, as I've not had chance to go home to see the horses today ( I usually go home for a couple of hours and "play" with them!!!!).
Sending you lots of virtual goodies - in fact, a whole hamper full!!!!!!!!!

Aw bless you, thanks :spin:

The life cover info was SO complicated - they wanted to know everything; height, weight, medical history, if we'd had blood tests in the last 3 years, if we'd been to A&E in the last 3 years, if we'd had surgery, suffered from anything on an endless list, if we were on medication...

I know completing next week was a nice to have but that enough has put us on a bit of a downer. Now OH is phoning home, hoping somebody is there who can go snooping through our stuff and finding the old mortgage info so can get this rechid mortgage account number.

Grrr!

Insurance companies are crap, I hate them. Some of the healthiest people I know have less than ideal height to weight ratios (me!!). Get a non-food treat (a nice DVD/book perhaps) and shake your fist at the world, it may not be that bad, but certainly very annoying when things don't go to plan. Chin up Roxy.

Each time I move I SWEAR I am never doing it again. I hate it.

I don't mind the mess once I'm in & getting straightened out - that's a very fun part!

Luckily I don't have much annual leave left so OH is taking a week off when we move in to do a lot of stuff while I toddle off to work :giggle:

newrider.com