Ruby has a new start

sjames86

Nov 25, 2009
Birmingham
Thought i'd update as realised i had been a bit quiet recently.

As you may recall i had my mare Ruby out on loan at my yard and all was going brilliantly until the weekend before xmas the loaners abruptly announced they were stopping the loan!

I suddenly found myself with two horses, very little time and to top it all off I came down with swine flu all over xmas.

So i made the decision that it was time to sell Ruby and give her the new start she needed.

3 weeks advertised with no interest. Re-advertised after xmas - 1 viewing, went well but lady felt Ruby was too small. Then another viewing.

2nd viewing came and saw, like her but didnt ride (menage was booked out). Left deposit and came back at weekend to ride her. They bought a trailer with them too. I rode, their instructor rode - all went very well - then the lady rode and OMG - looked like she'd never had a lesson in her life - and Ruby is NOT a novice ride. Ruby behaved well though but the lady was very nervous. Needless to say they left telling me they'd let me know and i never heard from them again.

Therefore decided to phone back a lady who had called two days before and see if she was still interested.

Long story short - lady and her daughter LOVED Ruby, rode well, very knowledgeable, home is perfect for Ruby and I am so excited for her.

So this Sunday Ruby is going to them on LWVTB. I am certain she wont be coming back as they loved her, she's only going on loan as lady needs to sell her other horse before she can pay the lump sum.

And to top it all off Chico was bought back into work yesterday after over a month off and he was fantastic - i am so excited about the coming year with him!!

Well done to those who got this far :giggle:

Sorry to hear you have been unwell, i dread getting flu as it knocks me for six!

Good news on finding a new home for Ruby, i'm sure she will be very happy and your time with Chico will be great! :biggrin:

Oh thats fantastic news, its hard to part company with a Horse
but hopefully will be made a little easier with the fact that you have
found what sounds to be 'perfect' new Owners xxx

I am sure it will all work out and look forward to hearing how she is getting on, she is so beautiful x

I am so glad. I saw Ruby up on Horsemart and thought of you often. I wished I could have bought her - at present i don't have the space, but she looked so so beautiful!

Fingers crossed that the LWVTB goes well and good luck with Chico.

thanks everyone :)

I have spent an hour this morning tidying out Ruby's tack room and moving everything into Chico's so tomorrow after she is gone i dont have to then go and move all her stuff knowing she's not there :(

She has got an extra thick bed tonight although the pessimist in me has left enough straw for another muck out just in case:unsure:

I have just sat and cleaned the bridle they are having with her too - it looks so lovely now, all clean and sparkly, I didnt want to send it a bit grubby and smelling of horse.

Fingers crossed for a smooth loading tomorrow - i've never had to load her so no idea how she will go :frown:

newrider.com