Rug Help Please - for older horse who got trapped.

It's a long way away but this is my local saddler https://www.ejwicks.co.uk/ there'd be no harm in speaking to them and seeing if they could adapt a rug to your needs and post it out to you. I think starting from scratch wouldn't be practical - you not only need the outer but the lining and filling too. Maybe take measurements and as well as listing them put them on a photo of him too so it's clear you're thinking along the same lines?

They're a long established business, and while it won't be cheap they do a good job and they won't take your money and run.

Reactions: Frances144
You used to be able to buy separate tummy flaps that you could attach to any rug. Not sure where or what they would be called as that was maybe 10 years ago. But if he got foot in straps would he not just get a foot in a belly flap or am i missing the point? (Quite probably 😂)

@Doodle92 I think the idea is that a belly flap would sit more snuggly to the body so less of a gap, and also even if he did get a foot into it it wouldn't get trapped in the way a foot through a surcingle does and he could probably get it back out.

My fly rugs have a belly flap. Could you use a belly flap from one of them or does it need to be waterproof under the belly too.

And another

newrider.com